That One Scar: Part Two~Percy Jackson

Percy appeared in front of the elevator silently.

Just one vapor travel made him exhausted lately. He has had trouble eating and sleeping after Tartarus. It made him lose energy and weight. Of course he was trying really hard to fix that but nobody really understood. Not even Annabeth.

His life has been so difficult so far and he hasn't even reached twenty yet. He feels about a million years older then he is.

Then the gods had to go and resurface his past from the box it was permanently locked it. It made the peace after Gaea seem nonexistent. Like he was fighting another war. In a way he was, fighting a war in his head.

Sighing, Percy started to walk toward the elevator when a hand placed itself on his shoulder. He tensed, then an ocean smell filled his nose. But he was still tense. What had Dad come for?

"I remember the first time I visited you as a child." A voice told him. "You were so small and I thought you would break when I held you. Of course your mother didn't know I was there. No one did except for myself".

He turned and faced his birth father. Poseidon was just casually standing behind him in his fishing hat and gear. He looked young, maybe a college student with a wispy beard and cowlick. Poseidon was looking wistfully at nothing.

What did this have to do with anything?

"You seemed so happy and unaware. Perhaps I was selfish and wanted you to stay that way forever. You now... Well I now wish that I could turn back time and see that child again. It pains me to see my children grow old and fight wars and come back worse then before or not come back at all." Similar sea green eyes peered into his own. He saw all the sadness and pain.

He gave the god a tight smile. "Sometimes we come back stronger then before, maybe more broken but stronger." He paused and stared thoughtfully at the doors in front of him. "A lot of things happened to me as a child and now I see that it made me stronger not weaker. I wouldn't have done all of the 'heroic' things without it." He continued somehow knowing it was true. 

The silence was deafening and the familiar weight of his sword in his pocket made it bearable. Or it made him think of Tartarus. Made him think of something he wished to forget.

Poseidon seemed unaffected by his thoughts or actions as he sat down on the steps that lead off of Olympus and looked glazed at the elevator. He immediately sat down down next to him.

He took Riptide out of his pocket and twirled the pen through his fingers. He looked over the scar from protecting his mother for the hundredth time.

"Do you want to see the scars?" Percy breathed out nervously and anxiously and picked at his jeans. He didn't know why he asked or wanted to pull through with it but he did.

Poseidon deserved to know.

Poseidon snapped out his gaze and looked at him with a sad smile. "Not if you don't want to show me".

He wanted to show him or not show him....? It was confusing. Just the thoughts he needed right now. Distraction, as Annabeth called it. He huffed at himself silently at Poseidon's ever changing eyes like his own. Untameable and powerful.

"I do" He said shifting his body so it facing away from Poseidon and ever so slowly taking his shirt off. Monster scars, belt marks, cigarette burns and more almost filled his back and skin. Most signs of past abuse and war scars.

And Tartarus scars. Don't forget those ones.

Sure Percy bad looking with his swimmers body but the scars made it seem like he was weak. He knew he wasn't close to weak but people tend to think he let that person hit him. Not in his wildest dreams unless of course you were threatening one of his loved ones. Then he'd get run over by a train to save them.