Epilogue

"I, Min Yoongi, pledge to be your friend too."

"[Your nickname]."

"You're weird."

"I love you."

"You were my girlfriend."

"I love you."

Breathe.

The city lights littered my view as I released one steep breath. It almost mimicked a single staccato with my eyes focusing at the fog that I created. Specks of the city lights reflected through the water droplets on the street due to the previous shower of rain. The sounds of beeping cars and their tires rolling down the street were evident and deafening; but the sound of my shallow breaths mellowed them down. I stood on the sidewalk, glued down and far from looking sane.

"Gone." I breathed out

I was standing on the sidewalk parallel to it, glued down and separated by the road from my very destination. My head was spinning, teeth chattering and eyes watering as my brain created a permanent print of the sight before me.

The ruins of Yoongi and I's dance studio.

As the memories faintly flashed in my head repeatedly, I had trouble breathing. Quivering, I could no longer feel the frigid atmosphere of reality as I was caught captive by the grief that was swallowing my senses whole. I choked on my upcoming sobs, my upcoming words of suffering, and my breathing.

"Y-Yoongi..."

The tattered wood, signs of past burning and few ashes clinging on the remnants made me drop to my knees. I failed to contain my emotions as my vision completely blurred. My tears sprung out as my sobs broke free from restraint. I loudly wailed, trying to collect myself by pathetically using my hands to endlessly dry my tears. The emotions that I always tried to conceal were stronger than I thought they were.

Why is it that we have to live along like this when life is about living through?

"[Y/N]?"

With the sound of a car-door abruptly shutting close, I lifted my gaze; eyes red and swollen from crying too much. Feeling his strong grip on both of my shoulders, he helped me stand on my feet. He supported me by wrapping an arm around me, turning me afterwards by gripping both sides of my face. Shameful, I slowly lifted my head and met his gaze.

Lips quivering and palms shaking, Namjoon closed his eyes tightly; letting his tears roll down his cheeks. My eyes widened, chest clenching at the sight. He pulled me to him, embracing me tightly as he sniffled. Shaking in his clutch, I wrapped my arms around him and continued to sob.

In each other's arms, both vulnerable and broken, we were lost and did not know what to do.

And so, we tried to find consolation in one another; only to find ourselves aching everyday.

The world is cruel but insanely beautiful, as the corrupted minds are always both.

No words were exchanged between Namjoon and I. Greedily, I hugged him even tighter than before. I was turning desperate to stop the pain for the both of us; but it was clear that nothing will suffice. Our rings glistened under the moonlight as we clung to one another. We valued each other too much; but I always knew that he valued me way more than I valued him.