Chapter 8

"Noona!"

I groaned in annoyance, fluttering my eyes softly. I rubbed my eyes, groaning in exasperation for the second time; hearing dozens of knocks on the door. I heard a disgruntled groan beside me, making me feel startled as I fully opened my eyes.

He slightly loosened his grip on me, directing his gaze towards me. His eyes showed signs of drowsiness as I recovered from astonishment. Being nonchalantly effervescent, I flashed him a smile. He scowled, hearing the knocks on the door.

"Are they ever going to stop?" Yoongi said in an annoyed tone, turning away from me

I felt this certain heat abandon me as he broke free from the hug we shared. I frowned a little but I immediately forgot about it in a timescale of seconds. I faced the ceiling, blocking away my brothers' deafening knocks. Scenes from early morning kept coming back to me, making my face flush in embarrassment. I sighed a little, realizing that I still had no sense of denouement to whatever happened.

"Noona!"

I clenched my jaw, closing my eyes momentarily. I could not tolerate my siblings' ebullience early in the morning; especially when I was feeling puzzled. My eyes shot wide, hearing the door burst open. Propping my head up slightly, they ran up to my side. They were giggling and I felt annoyed to see that they didn't close the door. They left the keys dangling on the doorknob as well.

They climbed the bed, jumping on top of me. Yoongi quickly sat up, clearly shocked by their presence. My brothers turned to him, staring at him in pure bewilderment.

"Who's that?" Sejun asked, turning to me

With my head on the pillow, I looked up at Yoongi as he turned his head towards my gaze.

"Why is he on the same bed as you?" Chul asked, gawking over at Yoongi

"When did he get here?" Sejun asked

"Is he your boyfriend?" Chul asked

"Hell, no." Yoongi snapped, clearly pissed due to his disturbed sleep

My brothers instantly stopped popping up questions, cowering back in surprise. I sat up, glaring over at Yoongi as I heaved a deep sigh afterwards.

"He's just a friend of mine. His name is Yoongi." I stated

I stopped for a brief moment, noticing the sudden change in Yoongi's eyes. His eyes were expressive as always; silently yearning for a sense of enlightenment during the situation.

"Yoongi, this is Sejun and Chul. They're my brothers." I said, yawning afterwards

"Is it okay if I call you hyung?" Sejun asked in pure excitement

"Me too! Me too!" Chul cheered, clapping his hands

Yoongi slightly tilted his head to the side, nodding afterwards. My brothers happily smiled, clapping their tiny hands. I, however, was not in the mood to fool around with them. I felt confused and questions in my head were still unanswered. I only had few hours of sleep and in my sleep, occurred a dream that sent nerve-racking chills down my spine.

I needed some time alone... with Yoongi.

I was clueless on why I felt attached to him. Some part of me kept pushing me to approach him and him only. I felt flustered due to my lack of knowledge on what kept on bugging me; but I knew that I needed Yoongi.

"Sejun, Chul? Would you please give Yoongi and I some alone time to talk?" I kindly asked, silently hoping that they would get out of the room

Their gazes moved on the both of us, nodding in acknowledgement. I smiled in relief, as I helped them hop off the bed. They ran out of the room, shutting the door behind them. We both sighed in unison, lying back down.

"Yoongi?" I softly called out after a few moments of silence

We had our heads on pillows, facing the ceiling comfortably. I turned to look at the side of his face, smiling slightly.

"How long have we known each other?" I asked

Yoongi sighed, placing a hand under his head. I kept staring at him, seeing how his eyes gaze at the extravagant ceiling.

"About... a week ago?" he answered

I was correct but why were we so close with each other? Why do I feel comfortable hugging him as close as possible? Why do I feel comfortable sleeping on the same bed as him?

Why?

"Really? That's odd." I stated

He turned his head towards me, our eyes meeting. I was flabbergasted by his sudden movement, feeling heat rush to my cheeks due to embarrassment. He smirked, chuckling a little while returning his gaze to the ceiling.

"Why? Have you fallen for me already?" he teasingly asked

I glared at him, slapping his arm playfully. A part of me felt uneasy when he mentioned that.

"Hell, no. I just feel comfortable around you." I said

He didn't answer as he focused on the ceiling. He kept a blank expression and so I stared back at the ceiling as well.

"Yoongi?" I called again

"[Y/N]?" he softly whispered back

Butterflies erupted from my stomach as I felt attracted to his voice. It seemed really alluring and I must say that it might take a lot of strength for anybody to resist it.

"Are you sure we haven't met before? After all, we're nobles. A party—"

"[Y/N], give yourself a break. It doesn't matter. What matters is, you're here, I'm here and we're together."