Chapter 26

"There she is! [Y/N]! We can finally announce the news!" my mother said

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. My brothers continued to chase each other as my mother and a woman whom I can't remember grinned while holding microphones. Everybody seemed to pay attention to them right now; even my brothers stopped and looked.

"Good evening, everyone. As we all know, we are gathered here tonight for a special announcement." my mother started

I stood in utter confusion written all over my face. I felt someone's gaze on me as I scanned the room around, finding myself staring back at Namjoon; whose gaze was too hard for me to comprehend.

"We would like to announce another merger in the [Last Name] Group of Companies; the Kim Corporation!" my mother happily said

The guests started to clap enthusiastically as my mother and the woman—who I finally remembered as Namjoon's mother— smiled gleefully towards the guests of the business party.

"From now on, both companies will be in a partnership and will be working together. Together with this announcement is another special announcement." the woman said

My mom nodded in acknowledgement while looking too joyful about the situation. My eyebrows scrunched down in bemusement while everybody anticipated what was soon to escape my mother's mouth.

"We would also like to announce the engagement of my one and only daughter, [Full Name];" my mother said, graciously pointing to me

"— to the chosen heir of Kim Corporation, Kim Namjoon. Together, they shall abide by the tradition of fixed marriage to continue the business."

A slap came to my face, snapping me out of my reminiscing. The slap stung, bringing me back to my senses in an instant. I sharply took a breath, returning my gaze back to my mother.

"You disgrace. You went overboard this time." my mother seethed

I glared at her, clenching my jaw. I forced myself to control my temper; maintaining the façade I had to bear.

"What crossed your mind to disobey us like that, huh? For god's sake, [Y/N]!" my mother vented

She turned her back on me and fanned herself due to stress. I kept my scrutinizing gaze at her, abhorring her words.

"If the press finds out about this, you're in big trouble." she spat, turning on her heel to face me again

I scoffed, glancing down a little before staring back up at her with disbelief.

"You're still worried about the press? So, my getaway is not giving you hints at all? Mother, I don't want to get married because of money." I stated

She fixed her gaze at me, staring at me with a cold expression. Straightening her back and standing up straight, I slowly felt intimidated by her stature before me. I slowly lowered my head, feeling defeated.

"I already told you, [Y/N]. You don't have any choice." she flatly said before walking away

Tears pricked the corners of my eyes for the nth time, closing my eyes tightly as I walked towards the staircase with a shaking figure. Placing my foot on the first step, my phone vibrated in my pocket; interrupting my sobs. I sniffled, taking the phone in my hands shakily.

"H-Hello?"

-

Feeling uneasy, I patiently waited in front of the grand doors standing before me. I rummaged my brain for the greeting I would say; completely fazed about the thought of standing in front of the mansion that Min Yoongi's family owned. My foot-tapping did not stop as I went through an emotional train-wreck of thoughts. Starting from the-bothering-feeling-of-the-house-being-familiar to the reason why I was summoned here, my mind was unable to register everything correctly.

"[Y/N]!"

Meeting Jimin's figure with a jolt and doe eyes, he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside; shutting the door behind me.

"Finally, you're here! Both of you need to talk this out." he said, proceeding to turn on his heel and tug on my arm

With nervousness consuming my entire being, I pulled my hand out of his grasp; staying put on the ground. With sadness whirling in my eyes, I stared around the house with confusion.

It felt like I had been here before.

Jimin started following my gaze as well; however, his eyes widened after a couple of seconds. I raised an eyebrow while Jimin shrugged his shoulders; holding my wrist and pulling me with him.

"Looks like you really need to talk to him. There's a lot of things you need to know as much as he does too."