Chapter 28

"I deserve this, [Your nickname]." Yoongi breathed shakily

My heart stopped. Frozen in his grasp, I could not help but feel bothered by the nickname he kept on calling me. Sure, it was not the first time he called me that; but that incomprehensible feeling ignited within me every time he did.

I tried to stifle up my sobs since I wanted to talk and tell him that it was all my fault for keeping things from him; but I was racking with sobs in Yoongi's clutch. I was drowning deeper and deeper onto his chest as he tightly wrapped both of his arms around me.

Yoongi started to mumble incoherent words while rubbing my back soothingly. I sniffled, backing up a little as our embrace loosened. I wiped my tears away, while my eyes met his.

Tears were silently falling from his eyes, looking at me longingly. The very sight broke me as I cupped both of his cheeks.

"Yoongi, y-you don't deserve any of this." I whispered while staring deeply onto his eyes

His lips were parted while breathing softly. He uttered nothing in return as our gazes never left each other. I started to wipe away his tears with my thumbs, softly caressing his face afterwards.

"[Y/N], I'm sorry." he whispered

My eyes softened as he pulled me closer. He leant his forehead against mine while steady breaths escaped our mouths. His other hand went to cup my left cheek, closing his eyes while his lips ghostly hovered above mine.

I exhaled, closing my eyes. I decided to clasp my hands by the back of his neck, breathing in the mixture of his own scent and the scent of alcohol.

He lightly pecked my lips before heaving a heavy sigh. My heart broke upon hearing him sigh with so much grief.

"Why are you so harsh on yourself, Yoongi? What are you sorry for? You don't deserve this, Yoongi. It's my fault; not yours. Stop blaming yourself." I softly said

His gaze automatically changed while his eyebrows knot down. The sadness swam freely within his eyes while I began to question the way he was looking at me.

He sighed heavily, closing his eyes momentarily. My own eyebrows began to swivel down as my bottom lip quivered. The silence conveyed both calmness and agitation as I took a sharp breath.

Standing on my toes and moving my hands to cup his cheeks, my lips softly landed on his forehead. He exhaled loudly as I moved down, placing a kiss on the tip of his nose. With my feet flat on the floor again, my half-lidded eyes viewed and admired his features up close. The way his eyelashes shadowed over made my eyes glint in admiration. My eyes moved down towards his lips as I leaned over ever-so slowly. My lips captured his, giving him a chaste but lingering kiss. With my eyes closing, I felt Yoongi return the kiss as he grabbed my hips and pressed me closer to him.

After a few seconds, my lips left his while we slowly opened our eyes. I lovingly looked at him while he gradually reciprocated it. I gave him a tiny smile we swayed a little due to the instability of the both of us to even stand still. 

"Yoongi, I love you; that won't change." I whispered against his lips while my gaze followed his

His eyes widened a fraction with the words rolling off my tongue before I started to gaze at him sincerely. For the nth time, his lips met mine again. With closed eyes and arms around each other securely, the kiss was different from the previous one we had. It was forceful, impecunious and filled with so much desire.

Given the circumstances, neither of us stopped. My hands traveled to the back of his head, tangling my fingers in his locks. The kiss started to last longer than before with the forbidden noises emitting from our lips. His left-hand gripped my hip while his right-hand rested at the small of my back; supporting me as he leaned a little closer towards me.

Thoughts were buzzing in my head with the question on why I let this happen repeatedly rang. Given the situation and Yoongi's state, my mind was telling me to act for the both of us since I was the sober one. Everything, however, was dropped as soon as Yoongi's lips departed from mine.

About to whine and complain, my mind went completely blank as soon as his lips landed under my jaw. I was gasping for air with hooded eyes, unable to stop him from peppering my neck with solicitous kisses.

I bit my lip, wallowing in bliss. His lips captured mine again, initiating another long-lasting kiss. His hands dropped to my bottom, hoisting me up in his arms while I wrapped my legs around him for support. We stumbled towards the bed as he gently laid me over the objects scattered on it. He fell on top of me while we broke the kiss to gasp for air.

With the light through the curtained window, we ended up staring at each other intensely while panting. Our position looked nefarious; but neither of us cared.

The bugging feeling of familiarity settled upon me once more as I got comfortable on his bed. He, too, started to be more familiar than before. I sighed deeply, closing my eyes while gulping down the lump in my throat. I felt exhausted with all the emotions swarming up against my chest.

Yoongi called my name softly before I felt his lips on my forehead. He started to reciprocate the kisses I gave him before, pecking the tip of my nose quickly. A tired smile tugged on my lips while I weakly chuckled. I playfully puckered up my lips, waiting for him to kiss me.

Chuckling lowly, his lips landed on mine for a quick and sweet kiss. A smile appeared on my lips again as I continued to calm down. His alcohol-mixed breath hit my face, making me scrunch my nose. I realized that all the torrid kissing made me forget that he was drunk.

"After eight years, I'm fascinated that we bumped to each other again." he lowly whispered

My eyes snapped open, seeing him half-smile in satisfaction. My heart pounded on my chest with my brain failing to register what he just said.

His smile dropped while the look in his eyes changed as well. His whole expression changed while his grip on me started to loosen.

"After eight years, you returned just to leave me again."