Chapter 14

With dull-clouded eyes, I stared at the water intensely. I uttered no word, making the resonating silence grow longer. I glanced momentarily over at Namjoon whose gaze was on the pool as well.

"Make an appointment, [Y/N]." Namjoon said, breaking the deafening silence

My head snapped towards his way with a problematic expression written all over my face. He looked back at me with concern filling his eyes.

"What's the point, Namjoon? I can't remember anything."

My voice dripped with aggravation and melancholiness; pleading for answers. Namjoon heaved a deep sigh, looking back at the water.

By the minute, I grew emotional. Namjoon and I uttered no words but the ample atmosphere was enough to add to my flummoxed self. My mind drifted to the thought of not remembering who I truly was before and it made tears drizzle down my cheeks.

"W-What's the point, right? Silly [Y/N] can't r-remember anything that happened b-b-before she turned eleven." I stammered as my lips quivered

Namjoon clicked his tongue, wrapping an arm around me. He pulled me closer, letting my head rest on his shoulder. Tears continued to stream down my face as unwanted sobs came out of my mouth.

"It's not your fault that you lost your memories, [Y/N]." Namjoon softly whispered

I closed my eyes, sniffling softly. Namjoon caressed my arm comfortingly, calming me down.

"[Y/N], tell me the truth." Namjoon hardly stated

He loosened his grip on me, leveling his face with mine. His orbs intensely gazed at mine while he tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

I brought a hand up to my face to daintily wipe my tears away. I sniffled, staring back at Namjoon's concerned eyes.

"Was it your decision to stop the therapies or was it your parents'?" he softly said

I sighed, keeping my head down. A subtle pout was visible on my face, fiddling with my fingers anxiously. I was left aghast when I felt Namjoon slowly lift up my chin. I was forced to look at him once more and I knew I had no choice but to answer him.

"My parents'.We all know that's the answer." I groggily said

"And you're going to let them do that?" Namjoon snapped

"Correction, Joonie. I already let them. How many times do I have to tell you that they're always in control? I mean, look at what happened with us."

Namjoon heaved another exasperated sigh. He looked away from me, bringing back his gaze to the water. I decided to look at the water as well, seeing my reflection.

"Namjoon, let's go back. They might—"

"[Y/N], make an appointment." he cut

No words came out of my mouth. I always knew that Namjoon was persistent but he wasn't going to have his way with this.

"No. There's no point! Besides, my parents already told me about the things I forgot, right?" I begged with confirmation

Namjoon looked at me with an expression I could not comprehend. He looked as if he was in disbelief and in doubt. I, too, started to doubt the beliefs that my parents made me believe. I never felt complete anyway and I wanted nothing but to remember what I had before. My parents, however, had me under their clutch and did not want to persist with my therapy when they found out that I could not remember anything. We had a lot of time but they already gave up; making me give up as well.

But deep inside, I want to remember.

I still do.

I had myself staring at my reflection; knowing that no matter how hard I stare at it, it will not reflect who I truly was and am.

"That's why I have you, right? I have Taehyung, Jimin, Jin, Jungkook and Hoseok too. I had you guys back. My parents made me remember and you guys did too." I said, trying to sound convinced

"But you're still not complete, right?" Namjoon stated

I was caught doe-eyed by his words. It was like time stopped and all that mattered was this conversation. Namjoon looked like he was going to regret whatever he was about to say. He looked hesitant as a grave sigh escaped his lips. My eyebrows furrowed due to the concern I had for him. I placed my hand on top of his, assuring him I was there to comfort him.

"[Y/N], they missed a little detail that embodies a lot of memories."