Chapter 39

"Hurry!"

With my hand clasped around his wrist, our feet scrambled on the grass; creating rustling noises. I had a smile on my face, while he had a puzzled expression painted across his. My eyes met the sky, deeply fascinated by the colors.

"The sun is just about to set." I said, sitting down on the grass, pulling him down with me

Glancing at Yoongi from time-to-time to see the growing fascination in his eyes, I felt ecstatic and contented with his presence lingering by my side.

"Are you sad?" he asked out of the blue

Caught off-guard by his question, I looked at him with raised eyebrows while he reciprocated with a questioning look.

"What?" I breathed

"You knowone loves the sunset, when one is sad..." Yoongi slowly said

I chuckled, seeing how he referenced a book that can be viewed differently each time an individual reads it. Same individual; but dynamic views. Just like him, he was still the same person but at the same time, he seemed different.

My heart clenched; unaware of the fact that Yoongi was in fact staring at me as I looked at him with melancholy in my eyes. I missed him dearly; and all I wanted was just for time to turn us back from where we were happy together. It broke me that those happy memories that I once shared with him, no longer existed nor taken account to.

"[Y/N], are you okay?"

With those words, my deep thinking and mourning were interrupted as my eyes widened under his gaze. I was taken aback a little; realizing that I had been spacing off while staring at him. It then sunk into me that I must have creeped him out as he gave me a look of disbelief.

"I'm sorry— I'm fine— I'm really sorry
—" I rambled and swallowed my own words

Yoongi snorted, finding my struggle as a source of entertainment as he cackled a little. He turned his gaze away from me, eyeing the setting sun before our eyes.

"Don't be." he said, smiling widely

Taken aback by his genuine smile and how he looked adorable with it plastered on his face, my face instantly reacted as it started to heat up while my heartbeat picked up its pace.

"I... feel happy because I can see you trying, [Y/N]." he slowly said, uneasy as he bowed his head down, "Even though it's quite hilarious how you end up gazing off somewhere; or when you end up eating your words, I appreciate... everything."

A smile broke on my face, feeling tears brim at the corners of my eyes. Exhaling loudly, I brought a hand to wipe my tears as I bit on my lip to contain my smile and sobs from erupting from the back of my throat.

"Why'd you say this now?" I whined playfully, letting my tears flow freely while sniffling

Yoongi instantly lifted his head up, his eyes widening at my unstable form. I began to laugh, covering my face with both of my hands as I kept my head down in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry—" he started, his voice dripping with concern as he gripped both of my shoulders

"Don't be sorry—Stop— We keep on apologizing to each other." I chuckled, drying my eyes for the nth time while sniffling during the process

Bringing my hands down and opening my eyes, I was caught off-guard to have my gaze meet Yoongi's. He was nearer than before— too near. His eyes glistened with concern as he finally set me free from his gaze as he looked down at his pocket as he rummaged for something to dry my eyes with. Finding nothing, he smiled sheepishly; shyly bringing his hands to my face; carefully wiping the drenched corners of my eyes with his thumbs.

I froze, becoming unaware with the rest of my surroundings as I put my attention to Yoongi only. My body started to react under his touch with heat spreading across my face as Yoongi refused to let go. He stayed put in cupping my cheeks, staring with such confusion written on his face. His lips formed into a subtle pout as he stared at me scrutinizingly.

"Weird." he mumbled, coherent enough for me to decipher what he had just said, "You seem more familiar when I hold you like this."

Raising an eyebrow at his statement, he shifted on the grass, moving nearer to marvel at me even more. I started to feel shy as I shifted my gaze away awkwardly; with him letting go in the process. Clearing my throat, I turned to the direction of the sun completely disappearing down the horizon; completely astonished by the colors present within the sky.

"It's beautiful." Yoongi said, smiling a little as he stared at the skies before him

I hummed in agreement, glancing at him momentarily. Seeing the contentment written across his face, my chest felt warm. I felt more than glad to see him enjoying something that we used to enjoy as well before.

Slowly, his smile vanished. His eyebrows scrunched down as the sun completely sank. He looked back at me, having a troubled and confused expression on his face.

"I'm not sure why but I... can see a blurry image of this very setting." he hastily revealed

He looked like he regretted saying such information, as I scooted nearer and bent down to listen even more. My heart was beating quickly, having mixed emotions.

"Have I been here before? How come it seems like..." he paused looking at me deeply for a split second, "... I'm reminiscing a memory with you in it?"

My breath was caught in my throat as my eyes widened with his. With both of us reciprocating the gazes of bewilderment, I started to have goosebumps on my skin as my mouth went dry.

"Yoongi, this isn't the only place that we've both been to before. Trust me, there's more." I whispered to him,

"If you would like, we can go to these places again; and pretend that you never really forgot them."