Chapter 36

"[Y/N], wake up!"

Fluttering my eyes open, my propped elbow simply slipped on the side of the piano; having me sit up straight while rapidly blinking. With a blurry vision, my eyes started to focus on someone else's pair of eyes that bore so much irritation while gazing at mine. I watched his gaze soften a bit as he turned away from me. He placed his hands on the keys of the piano before I adjusted on my seat by moving closer to him.

"You've fallen asleep again while I was explaining. I'm getting annoyed here, [Y/N]." Yoongi said lowly

Smiling sheepishly, I placed my hands near his on the piano; the sides of our hands brushing slightly. I was quite fond of the feeling whenever they do.

"I'm not gonna explain again. I'd rather sleep too since you've been doing that ever since we started learning this piece." he cockily stated

I gasped, overdoing it by a tad bit. Placing a hand on his shoulder, I started to shake him; pursuing with mu plan of teasing him since I enjoyed doing such thing.

"Yoongi, I'm sorry~ I promise I'll pay attention to you this time~" I said, dragging the last syllables

He glared at me, grabbing my wrist to stop me from irritating him even more. Mustering the best pleading look I could give him, he sighed; placing my hand on the piano.

"If you ever sleep again, I won't teach you anymore." he warned

I nodded my head enthusiastically as he shook his head dismissively with a smile he could not contain. After that, he played the first chords of the song, La Vie en Rose.

"[Y/N], wake up."

Feeling a hand nudge my shoulder, I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was blurry, realizing that I was crying in my sleep due to my damp cheeks and tear-stained eyes. I quickly sat up, bringing a hand to wipe my tears away while my gaze drifted to the spot I left on the bed.

"You're crying in your sleep. Are you okay?" Jin asked

Failing to answer, I kept my head down. Jin sighed, grabbing another tiny stool and dragging it besides mine. He patted my back as both of us paused, staring at Yoongi before us.

He was sickly pale with eyes closed ever so delicately. With my hand warming up his, I felt my heart beat with every scar engraved on it. I knew I looked awful due to how I spent sleepless nights while worrying about Yoongi's condition; causing for me to doze off occasionally. I had episodes of blaming myself due to how I was incautious of the dangers on the street.

Sighing deeply, I gently kissed his knuckles; eyeing him with heavy and gloomy eyes. I would spend all my days in his hospital room in hopes of witnessing him finally waking up from his deep slumber. Disobeying my parents had always been tough but I knew I had to endure all their unjust treatment in order to be there by Yoongi's side.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, caressing the top of his hand with my thumb

It has been two weeks from the accident as I continued to agonize over the fact that there was a possibility that Yoongi would not wake up.

"I miss you— everybody does. We believe that you'll wake up soon." I whispered again

Eyeing the tubes connected to him had my eyes watering in no second. With a broken-heart, I let my tears dribble down my chin once again. After all that had happened, I believed that I have a special talent for being a sobbing mess in no time. I brought a free hand up to my face to wipe the tears away as the other one stayed intertwined with his. Jin placed a hand on my back, soothing my frail body with comforting rubs.

"It's not your fault, [Y/N]. It was an accident." Jin said in a caring tone

I did not respond again as I racked with stifled sobs. Seokjin proceeded by wrapping an arm around me, rubbing up and down on my arm. Automatically, I laid my head on his shoulder as he whispered words of solace.

"We need to be strong for Yoongi. Let's wait for him." Jin whispered with determination

I nodded my head, closing my eyes a little while releasing a deep breath. My mind instantly drifted to the dream I had a while ago, bugging me instantly. It made me think so deeply; just like the way it felt like a memory to me. My thoughts were cut shortly as Jin called my name warily, making me open my eyes.

"I need to settle some accounts on the desk, okay? I'll be back shortly." he said

Nodding my head while I was still sniffling, I slowly moved back as he stood up from the stool he was seated on. The door shut closed after him, leaving me with the empty feeling as I gazed at Yoongi once more. With that, I just ended up staring at Yoongi for quite a long time; losing my right state of mind. In addition to that, I noticed how Yoongi's eye twitched, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yoongi?" I spoke out, getting nearer

I was confused at first; in denial due to the fact that my instability could play tricks on me. Clutching desperately to what I saw, I paid attention to Yoongi; seeing if there would be any signs of movement again. After a couple of minutes, his hand squeezed mine weakly.

Freezing, I felt my adrenaline rush throughout my whole system as a smile started to play on my lips. I felt him move. I was no longer seeing things but I felt them.

There was hope.

I clasped his hand tighter than before, my eyes glistening with hope and ebullience. Watching him closely, I saw movement within his eyes and I was gasping in delight and excitement.

Waiting seemed like the best thing that ever existed during that moment, nuzzling the top of his hand with my thumb softly as I bit my lip to contain my excessive grin.

The minutes lasted longer than before as my eyes widened in shock. The world turned ever-so slowly as Min Yoongi fluttered his eyes slowly before groaning in pain.

It felt like a timeless controversy.

My heart was beating in so much happiness, seeing his pupils meet the ceiling while he fluttered his eyelashes once more. Tears filled my eyes again as his gaze drifted towards mine.

"Yoongi!" I croaked, pouncing on him with a hug

I clung onto his shoulders as he moved to sit up. My fingertips grazed the back of his neck, laughing in glee with tears streaming from my eyes. The butterflies present in my stomach flew around vigorously as my emotions bursted.

"What the—"

Jin held the doorknob with wide eyes and an open mouth, his irises moving towards Yoongi's form.

"I'll call them." he said in a hurry, scurrying out of the hospital room

I began to sob once more with a smile that I could not force to disappear. I clung to Yoongi like there was no tomorrow as I professed my love and happiness to him.

However, I came to halt when he gripped both of my shoulders; pushing me away from him. My eyebrows knotted down, staring at him in dismay as I wiped my damp cheeks. My eyes met his; seeing every ounce of confusion present within them. He looked at me warily; seeming uncomfortable with my embrace.

"Yoongi?— What's wrong?—"

"Who are you?"