Chapter 41

"Where are you? Mrs. [Last Name] is looking for you."

Scratching the back of my head, I heaved a small but audible sigh as Yoongi turned to look at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm out with a friend, Namjoon. Tell her I'm eating dinner with—"

"— Yoongi. [Y/N], I already know you like the back of my hand but your mother clearly doesn't and she's pissed that you sneaked out again."

Upon hearing those words, I already mentally prepared myself with the possible insults coming out of my parents' mouths and probably the punishments that they will be implementing on me too. I was starting to feel irritated and problematic all over again and I had the strong to urge to just forget about everything that had been happening for while.

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with her while I'm gone but it's not like I'll run away." I said over the phone

Hearing Namjoon sigh from the other line, I chewed on my lip as Yoongi had his forehead creased down in a questioning manner.

"Be back soon. Love you." he said before ending the call abruptly

My eyes widened over his last words, shaking my head dismissively since it was not the first that he said that and I was aware of Namjoon's feelings for me. That alone had me worry about him too and how much it must had hurt him.

My head kept buzzing with thoughts as I absentmindedly clutched my phone and then placed it in my pocket. Turning to Yoongi and seeing his puckered lower lip a little, I kept my gaze on his lips before sighing heavily.

"Let's drink." I uttered out of nowhere as we walked towards the parking lot near the amusement park

"What? I can't since I'm driving for the both of us." he said, sounding bewildered with my proposal

"Let's drink." I repeated, sounding tired as we neared his parked car

Yoongi heaved a tired sigh, meeting my gaze. He was just staring deeply and I did the same. As my bottom lip quivered, I mustered all my strength to look at him even though I did not want to see my reflection in his own eyes.

I did not want him to stare; and see me being weak, powerless and struggling so much because of it.

However, I knew that being open and telling him the truth would possibly make things better; even though I knew it was bound to hurt the both of us all over again.

"I'll call the driver and have him bring the drinks; then he can drive us home after." Yoongi said, getting in the driver's seat

I nodded, opening the door to the passenger's seat to sit inside his car with him. Closing the door, I felt frigid even if the car's air conditioning was not even turned on since the engine was not started. I wrapped my arms around myself, glancing at Yoongi who had his phone to his ear as he conversed with one of his men.

With the sound of the call ending ricocheting throughout the vehicle, a long period of silence settled upon the both of us. I watched hin breathe the visible gust of cool misty air as I rubbed my palms together. When he suddenly stared back, I instantly avoided his gaze awkwardly, coughing a little. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him smile smugly while shaking his head dismissively; silently chuckling at me.

"Stop." I dragged playfully, matching with a kidding glare

Yoongi laughed a little when I snorted out a laugh while turning to face him. He shook his head once more, laughing at how I must have sounded and looked. His gaze suddenly landed on the window in front of us. His eyes instantly lit up in fascination; as he grabbed my hand and tugged on it.