Chapter 32

"Don't leave yet."

About to get up, a sigh escaped my lips; bringing the duvet over my body again. I felt him bring me closer to him by snaking an arm around my waist. The scorching heat of my cheeks bugged me as I subtly pouted while turning around and facing him.

"You woke me up." Yoongi said with a low and raspy voice

He sounded aggravated while he looked at me with half-lidded and sleepy eyes.

"Sorry." I piped, throwing a leg over his hip

Sighing, he closed his eyes while snuggling nearer to me. My eyes wandered over his features, admiring them for the nth time. A part of my conscience told me to leave earlier so that I could no longer prolong the pain that Yoongi was feeling. I knew that if I lingered furthermore, he would only crave and miss my presence even more once I leave.

Fluttering my eyes drowsily, I ran my left hand over his head; brushing my fingertips through his hair. An unsettling feeling bubbled up in my stomach when I did not feel the ring on my finger, craning my neck to search for it.

"Where is my ring?" I mumbled to myself

"I removed it last night." he piped tiredly

My eyebrows scrunched down, inaudibly releasing a breath. I laid my head back on the pillow beside his, eyeing him closely while he tightened his embrace.

"It reminded me how you'll never be mine; and I hated it." he said, fluttering his eyes open

My melancholic eyes met his piercing gaze. His eyes were void; mixed with emotions that I myself would not want to unravel. I took in a sharp breath, exhaling loudly through my nose.

"You know I'll always be yours, Yoongi; that won't change." I softly said

Yoongi continued to gaze; not bothering to say anything. He caged me with his eyes; scrutinizingly staring at me. His eyes followed mine, seemingly searching for unknown signs. As a tiresome sigh escaped his lips, a tiny and teasing smile crept onto his face.

"Don't try too much, [Y/N]." he chuckled

The sudden wave of sadness struck me, having my eyebrows swivel down even more. I pursed my lips shut as I watched Yoongi close back his eyes, snuggling his head to the pillow. Although my cheeks were red from his adorning act, my heart swelled with what he stated.

"When will you start believing that you're worth it, Yoongi?" I softly asked

The smile on his face dropped; but he did not open his eyes just yet.

"Why does it seem like you don't see yourself as someone important?" I followed up

I clicked my tongue, having Yoongi open his eyes slowly just to avoid my gaze.

"Why do you think that I could replace you so easily?" I shakily said, my voice faltering

With my emotions about to combust out of my system, I grabbed the back of Yoongi's head; capturing his lush petals with mine. It was clear that he was flabbergasted by my sudden advance, kissing me back after a while. He placed his hand by the slope where my neck and shoulder met; as seconds passed by with our lips locked.

My chest clenched while backing up minimally to inhale a little. With our eyes closed delicately, a series of short kisses followed after as I tugged on his hair carefully. Earning a groan from him, I gingerly placed my hand on his shoulder. Our lips were sealed with another long but deep kiss on the lips, closing the space between us.

Tears streamed down my cheeks with the racing thoughts in my head. Feeling dejected with the thought of not giving Yoongi enough love, I pressed my lips on his even more, grabbing him closer as the increase of heat ignited between us.

All of a sudden, Yoongi broke the kiss; looking at me with concern while he chased his breath. My eyes fluttered open, reflecting puzzlement and gloom.

"[Y/N]..." he mumbled, brushing my hair away from my face

"Why did you stop?" I asked, pretending that I was not bleating by wiping my tears quickly

He stared at me briefly before grabbing my wrist and pulling me for a tight hug. Yoongi held the back of my head, rubbing circles on my back. My eyes started to water again as I wrapped my arms around him tightly; submitting onto his comfort.

Soon enough, I was a sniffling mess while tears dribbled down my chin. I kept on protesting my love for him through breathy whispers; feeling all my emotions combust. He heaved a deep sigh, letting out shushes of solace.

"I love you, Yoongi." I croaked while sniffles erupted from the back of my throat

Loosening up the hug, Yoongi wiped my cheeks with his thumb, looking at me with a gentle gaze. Staring at him pleadingly, I let out a strained breath while my bottom lip quivered. His eyes started to reflect sorrow; the glint of what was left of the happiness we had earlier deteriorating slowly.

"[Y/N], it's okay." he stated

I looked at him in confusion, raising a questioning eyebrow at him a little.

"Don't pretend that you don't know what I'm trying to say." he spoke with despair and demand

"But I don't really know what the hell you're telling me." I strained, feeling anxious all over again

Yoongi looked me in the eye warily, a sigh escaping his lips. He moved away momentarily, reaching out to the bedside table. I bit on my lip as I saw him retrieve the silver band. With a small sigh escaping his lips, he took my left hand in his.

About to insert the ring on my fourth finger, I whispered his name pleadingly. His eyes met mine briefly and I noticed how they turned glassy. The ghosts of sadness swam freely in his gaze as he gently and slowly rolled the ring through my finger.

A ring that was not from him.

A ring that symbolized my bond with another man; and not him.

Securing the ring on my finger, a stray tear rolled down on his left cheek as he exhaled sharply.

"I'm letting you go."