Chapter 19

"[Y/N]!"

Fixing my dress, I forced a smile on my face. Jimin came running to me with a smile, giving me a hug. He seemed like he did not really care about the eyes laid on us. There were dozens of businessmen and businesswomen in Jimin's place. All of them were busy chatting about their businesses' growth and I stopped eavesdropping from there. Jimin wrapped an arm around my shoulders, escorting me to their grand hall.

"Are you alright, [Y/N]?" he asked

He was staring at me with pure concern  written on his face. I smiled, nodding my head.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I said

He gave me a doubtful look, moving closer to my face; making me back up a little.

"Your eyes are red and puffy." he pointed out

I sighed, looking down on my feet. He patted my back as we stopped in front of huge doors.

"It'll be alright. I guess, spending time with Yoongi will make you feel better?" he playfully asked

I gasped, hitting his arm. He flinched before chuckling and shaking his head. He pushed the door open, moving aside to let me in first.

"You'd find him in the balcony to the right." he said

I stepped inside, eyeing the Parks' grand hall. It had a high ceiling with chandeliers hanging from them; just like ours too. Numerous glass doors lined up the place, serving as the entrance and exit to the huge balcony. Familiar people were present in the business party but I personally did not really know them. Some of them were swaying to the classical music being played by a certain band and some were just having a conversation amongst themselves.

"[Y/N]!"

My trance was cut off by an ebullient Hoseok exclaiming my name. I could not help but break a smile when I saw his contagious one. He instantly engulfed me in a hug as I giggled and returned it back. He eventually broke the hug, smiling at me before taking my hand and dragging me away from the entrance.

"Hoseok!" I yelped

We squeezed into the crowd and I suddenly remembered my intention of going to the balcony to meet Yoongi.

"Let's dance too, [Y/N]!" Hoseok exclaimed as we stepped onto the middle where visitors were dancing

Hoseok quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me close, forcing me to look back at him. I was taken aback and he found that amusing; causing for him laugh while placing my hand on his shoulder. My mind was buzzing with thoughts to even comprehend anything, going along with Hoseok and his desire of having a dance with me.

With our hands clasped together, we started swaying to the music along with the other guests.

"Your eyes are puffy. Are you okay, [Y/N]?" Hoseok asked, concerned too

I, however, was not immersed enough with the dance. My eyes wandered towards the balcony and thought about going there after dancing with Hoseok.

"I-I'm fine!" I hesitantly said since it took time for me to answer back

I smiled at him but he did not buy it. He just clicked his tongue, shaking his head at me.

"You're not. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" he asked sweetly

My heart fluttered at his question. I knew that being with Yoongi right now would be the answer to that but I was touched by how caring Hoseok was. My eyes burrowed with his and I felt a smile playing on my lips. My eyes softened while he just stared at me with concern.

"Continue dancing with me, please?" I said, moving closer to him

Holding his hand and shoulder sincerely, Hoseok grinned at my words while softly nodding his head. I shyly smiled back, connecting with him through the dance.

Time passed by and I indeed felt relaxed with Hoseok. A soft smile was etched on my face the whole time; and it only faltered when Hoseok looked past me with doe eyes.

"Yoongi-hyung's mom kept on looking at you." he said

I swiftly turned my head around to gaze at the same direction he was gazing at. My eyes widened all of a sudden when my eyes met a lady's. Everything in my perspective slowed down as a lump formed in my throat. She looked... familiar.

"[Y/N], are you okay?" Hoseok alarmingly said, holding my shoulders

My head quickly turned to Hoseok after he steadied me. I felt nauseous all of a sudden, shaking my head to awaken my senses.

"Ah, I remember. Yoongi's parents and yours are not in good terms." Hoseok said, sounding as if he truly understood

"Y-Yeah..." I trailed off, looking down with furrowed eyebrows

My mind was buzzing with questions. I did not feel so good and I knew I needed a break. Hoseok must have sensed it too, bringing me towards a table where we can get drinks. Hoseok quickly got me a glass of water, looking at me with concern again.

"Here." he offered, giving me the glass carefully

"Thank you." I coherently said, gulping down the water

"There you are!"

Hoseok and I turned to the figure approaching us. I smiled a little, seeing Taehyung with his eyes glistening while a smile was evident on his face.

Hoseok looked at me as if he was asking for permission. It instantly registered to me and I nodded my head.

"Oh, of course." I said, gesturing for him to go with Taehyung

He smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder reassuringly. He ran to Taehyung who gave me a wave. I chuckled a little, waving back.

As they turned their backs on me, I set the glass down and heaved a deep sigh. I approached a certain glass door to the balcony, seeing the star-filled sky. My mouth was set agape while my eyes twinkled.

Wanting to clear my head, I opened the glass door and saw that most of the guests were at the other side of the balcony, having this side occupied with one person only.

Yoongi