Dealing with Ido (Chapter 16)

(Naruto)

Naruto woke up at the sight of blonde hair. He smiled as he slowly moved as to not wake up Shion and got up as he dressed. He looked at the time and saw that he had a forty minutes before his team meet. He rushed down the stairs as he got a fruit and a water bottle. "Naruto, you're going to be late." Minato said as he saw his son rushing. "Yeah, I know. I'm just getting a fruit and leaving." Naruto said as he screamed goodbye and left while Minato chuckled. "Good thing I just have to sent a shadow clone to work." Minato said as he relaxed on the sofa. Meanwhile, Naruto was quickly speeding to the training grounds. Once hee got there, Naruto only had ten minutes remaining and sat down as he rested. He quickly ate the fruit on his hand and sighed as he finally relaxed. Suddenly, Naruto saw as Asuma along with Kurenai appeared with their respective team. "Ah, Naruto. Today we will be training with Kurenai's team. So, let's get started." Ausma said as Kurenai nodded. "Let's start with some laps." Kurenai said as the teams nodded and started running. 

(Shion)

Shion had awoken after Naruto had left and was currently dressing into training clothes. "Shion, I hope you're ready. The first months will be the hardest." Kushina said as Shion nodded. "Don't worry. As long as I can help and fight with Naruto, I can withstand it." Shion said as Kushina smiled. "Let's go." Kushina said as Shion nodded.

(Team 10 and Team 8)

Asuma and Kurenai finished their conclusions with their teams physical skills. Yakumo had the lowest skill which is then followed by Shikamaru. Ino had improved and surpassed Hinata. Shino and Choji had similar level and finally Naruto again outdone everyone to his increasing stamina. "Ok, I think it is best to divide in pairs." Asuma said as Kurenai stepped up. "The pairs will be Ino and Hinata, Shino you're with Choji and Shikamaru, and finally, Naruto your with Yakumo." Kurenai said as the groups nodded and divided as they left to their own areas. 

(Naruto and Yakumo)

"So you're Naruto Namikaze." Yakumo said as Naruto nodded. "Well, let us get started. What do you need help in." Naruto asked Yakumo looked at him. I am not very good in taijutsu. Maybe you can help me." Yakumo said as Naruto nodded. "Sure. However, I also need help in genjutsu, can you help me?" Naruto asked as she nodded. "I do not have a fighting style." Yakumo said a little embarrassed. "Then come on. We need to find a style for you." Naruto said as he looked  for some scrolls he still had.

(40 Minutes Later)

Yakumo breathed heavily as she kneeled down. "What's wrong, we just started." Naruto said as he he approached her. Yakumo lost her patient attitude as she glared at Naruto. "Not all of us have your stamina you know." Yakumo said as Naruto chuckled. "Sorry, but at least you're improving." Naruto said as Yakumo sighed but nodded. Yakumo had decided that her taijutsu would rely on attacking pressure points and giving strong attacks when the enemy misses their attacks. She would defend herself using prepared genjutsu to distract and disturb a person's view. "Help me." Yakumo said as Naruto helped her onto her feets and walked her toward a log to sit on. "My body can't take much physical exertion." Yakumo said as Naruto looked shocked. "Why?" Naruto asked curiously while Yakumo looked away. "I can't tell you." Yakumo said as she refused to look at Naruto. "How about this. If you tell me, I'll tell you my darkest secret." Naruto said as Yakumo looked at him. "I...I...I have a sentient creature that tries to control me. Currently, it has been sealed but it is still there. There, you can hate me now." Yakumo said as Naruto looked shocked. "Well...my turn." Naruto said as he raised his shirt, revealing his seal. "I contain the nine-tailed fox within me. Many adults saw me as the fox himself and tortured me as a child. The fox tried to control me once in a while. Trust me, when I say that I know how you feel." Naruto said sincerely, now shocking Yakumo. "R-Really?" Yakumo asked as Naruto nodded. Yakumo had some tears as she hugged Naruto who just stood still. "Help me, please." Yakumo said as Naruto struggled to say anything. "Naruto, I know how you are. If you want to help her, connect both of your minds. Touch the seal and do the signs of ram, dragon, and horse." Kurama said as Naruto nodded. "I know how I can help you. Show me your seal." Naruto said as Yakumo showed the seal on her neck. Naruto touched her neck as he did the half signs for ram, dragon, and horse. Both of their visions suddenly went black as they slipped into their minds.

(Connected Mindscape)

Naruto and Yakumo looked around them as the saw the Ido, the creature haunting Shion. However, the surroundings were different. Half the room was a dark with a creepy setting. Te other half was a forest like area with a lake cut in half. "So you have returned Yakumo." The Ido said as she approached Yakumo. Naruto got in front of it with a rasengan prepared."Boy, you do not have the strength to defeat me." Ido said while Naruto only growled. They were all stopped when Kurama suddenly roared and came out of the forest. "If your planning to hurt my container, I would recommend you to stop." Kurama said as it stopped aside from the kids. "The nine tailed fox. I will not let you stop me." Ido said as it launched itself at the kids. Just as it was about to reach them, it froze. "What?!?!" Ido said as it was frozen. "You forgot, this is also my mind." Naruto said as red gate-like walls appeared and surrounded Ido and imprisoned it. "Finish this Naruto." Kurama said as it created a tailed beast bomb. "Alright." Naruto said as he remembered Kurama's old instruction and started creating a big ball rasengan. "Now!!" Naruto screamed as he attacked while Kurama launched its attack. "Noooooo!!!" Ido screamed as it was destroyed. Yakumo looked shocked as she saw Naruto fighting along with the nine tailed fox. It did not take long as Ido was destroyed and the vision of both kids again went black as Kurama returned back to the forest. 

(Outside)

Both Yakumo and Naruto woke up at the same time as they looked around them. Naruto saw that Yakumo's seal was gone and smiled. "Your seal is gone." Naruto said as Yakumo looked and nodded. "Thank you Naruto." Yakumo said as Naruto nodded. "We should return" Naruto said as Yakumo nodded and walked back.