Searching Around (Chapter 8)

(Sasuke)

Sasuke was walking around as he looked for Naruto. He needed to know why Naruto kept trying, what was his purpose. Sasuke did not take long as he observed Naruto create a rasengan quickly with one hand. Naruto cheered as he could create the rasengan within seconds and breathed heavily. Sasuke approached Naruto, who was now sitting on the floor. "Hello Naruto." Sasuke said who was now being looked at by Naruto. "What do  you want Sasuke?" Naruto said, tired after all his training. "I want to know, why? Why do you keep training, getting stronger?" Sasuke asked as he sat next to Naruto. Naruto stayed silent as he looked up toward sky. The sun was setting as stars were starting to be visible. "When I was growing up as a child, I had no one to rely on.Those I could rely on could not really do much and basically grew up with no one. So, instead, I went for the second best choice, protecting as many lives. I don't care what I have to do to gain power, as long as I protect the people I care, I will do it. Believe it." Naruto said as Sasuke stayed silent. "Help me." Sasuke said in a low voice. "I can't. You only care for revenge. I use my strength to protect." Naruto said. "Then change me. I lost my family but can only feel hate, why?" Sasuke said while Naruto smiled. "I was beat and tortured by the village. Everyone in the village hated me. I also harbor hater, anger, and sadness. Yet, I hide it and replace it for my will to protect others. What you need to understand is that we must protect the village and our comrades. Let go of your pass, then, and only then, will I help you." Naruto said as he stood up and left.  Sasuke was left behind as he looked at the stars. "Protect the village.....my friends....let my pass go." Sasuke murmured as he continued looking at the sky. 'Maybe he is right.' Sasuke thought as he reconsidered his goals and purpose of life. He stood up and walked toward his room, starting to make his new goals. From the shadows, Asuma looked and smiled as he looked at Naruto changing Sasuke view on life. 

(The Next Morning)

Naruto was punching one of the training poles and soon started putting chakra into his fists and kicks. The pole did not last long as a kick and a punch easily broke threw the pole. Naruto looked at the damage and saw that the punches were just strengthen with no other effect. Naruto suddenly thought about his current training and went toward another pole as he poured wind chakra instead of just chakra into his fists and legs. He put his fist close to the pole and noticed that without touching it with his fist, the wind chakra shredded the log. Naruto smiled as he prepared and punched the log and easily shredded the log . Naruto smiled as he liked the effect his wind chakra have on the attacks. "Interesting use of the wind element." Asuma said as Naruto turned around. "Asuma-sensei, what is going on?" Naruto asked. "Well, the main problem seems to be coming from a shrine. Everyone is still asleep so I was going to go check it out. Want to come?" Asuma asked as Naruto nodded. "Great, let's go." Asuma said as both of the ninjas started running toward the shrine. 

(Later)

Naruto was looking around the shrine with Asuma as the saw the place desolated with stone warriors around it. "There's nothing here, I don't get it." Asuma said as the entered a giant, empty room. "Naruto, get out now." The Kyuubi yelled from his mind. Normally, Naruto would have ignored him, but Naruto knew that something strange was going on. "Asuma-sensei, hurry up, we need to get out." Naruto said as he ran out with Asuma confused and following. Once outside, Naruto heard the Kyuubi again. "Brat, there is something trapped in there. like a spirit. There is great evil in there." Kurama said as Naruto nodded. "Naruto, what was that about?" Asuma asked. "The Kyuubi told me that something was trapped in there. What it is I do not know, except that it is great evil." Naruto said, shocking Asuma. "Well, maybe we should take the Kyuubi's warning and investigate more. I will talk to Miroku. Naruto, if that being is evil, you should get more practice and prepare, let's go back." Asuma said as Naruto nodded. 

(Kakashi)

Kakashi stood in the training ground as he trained Kiba, Sakura, and Sasuke. Although, he noticed that Sasuke looked distracted, as if in deep thought. The other members of team 10 were practicing their clan jutsu while waiting for Asuma. Kakashi soon noticed when he saw Naruto and Asuma coming from the forest and headed toward them. "Good morning, where have you two been." Kakashi asked lazily while Naruto just shrugged it off and left inside the complex. "We were looking around the area. We will talk later, right now I got to train my student." Asuma said as he walked toward the rest of the team. Kakashi looked at the way Naruto had left for 2 minutes before turning to his group.

(Naruto)

"Brat, go check the library, maybe, there is information in there." Kurama said as Naruto nodded. 'Why are you helping me?' Naruto asked in his mind. "You showed me after fixing the seal that you truly want to help me, so, in return, I will help you." The nine tailed fox said as Naruto smiled. Naruto soon entered the library in the complex. "I don't have time for this." Naruto said as he summoned 30 clones and told them to read the books to find for anything useful. Naruto soon walked out and his stomach growled as he groaned. He quickly searched the compound and found the kitchen were some servers were. "Oh hello, are you hungry sir." Of the cooks asked as she stood up from her seat. "Um, yeah, but don't worry, I just came to make a cup of ramen." Naruto said. "Nonsense, we can cook something for you as a guest." the cook said as she grabbed a pot. "No really, I just want some ramen, Naruto said as he started boiling water. "Mika, let him do it." a female voice as Naruto turned around and saw Miroku, Shion's mother. "Hello, Naruto I believe." Miroku said as Naruto nodded. "I heard what you said yesterday. Now tell me why you yelled at my daughter." Miroku asked in a sweet voice. "Naruto finished preparing his ramen as he turned toward her. "I just said the truth. I don't care what anyone sees, they don't know me, Naruto Uzumaki, the number one knucklehead of Konoha. Like I said yesterday, I will protect my friends and I won't die." Naruto said as he started eating his ramen. Suddenly, Miroku starting giggling. "I believe you. That is why I am asking a favor. I want you to promise me to protect Shion. I know she is selfish but her doujutsu is what has caused her to not care about other. However, I know you can help her, please." Miroku said. Naruto looked shocked but nodded in determination. "Great, thanks, Naruto." Miroku said as she left.