The Green Ring by forlorn_hope

Fairy Tales - Wide Awake - Katy Perry

It all started with a green ring. If it wasn’t for my curiosity, then maybe, I’m still in my room now.

I don’t really know where I am. All I know is that I feel like I’m floating and all I could see is a green light as though it’s consuming me.

I was in my room looking at my reflection and then, I got something from my drawer. That’s when an object caught my eye. Beside the bottle that I got was a box. But it was not just any ordinary box; it was an antique box and it clearly looks like it was out of place with all my things there.

Never have I seen this box before. It’s as if it was magically placed there. When I touched the box, I felt a chill run down my spine. And then I knew that there’s something special about it.

Once I opened the box, there laid a green ring. It was really simple, not much of a design was in it; just a silver band and an emerald stone. Despite its simplicity, there’s something in it that draws me in . . . luring me. Luring me to touch it.

And that’s where it all began. I touched the green ring. Once it made contact on my skin, it glowed a bright green which came out of the stone and my room started to vanish.

And here I am, not knowing where I am or where I’m going to. Not knowing how I would return.

After what felt like hours, I landed in the back of a campus. And it felt a little strange. The place seemed eerily familiar.

Then, I saw two people, a girl and a guy, under a tree. I went to them to ask about my whereabouts.

“Excuse me, but where—” my sentence was left hanging for I had no chance to continue it. First, when I started speaking, they didn’t even look at me. And when they did glance in my direction, they looked right through me. It’s as if I was invisible.

The next was because of them. That’s why the place was familiar. I just looked at them while they were happily carving their initials on the tree.

Then all of a sudden, the ring glowed again and I was transported in a different place. Now, I was in a dressing room. What got my attention was when flowers were being given to a girl. It was obvious that she’s a newbie in the industry of modelling with her pacing all around the room.

Then a garland of tulips were given to her; afterwards, she got a card from the bouquet. I smiled as I saw her read the card. I can still remember the exact words written in it.

After the ring glowing and me floating, I was now standing behind two people while they were planting a tree. I heard the guy say to the girl that the tree represents their love that will grow over the years. Cheesy, but I found it so romantic. He kissed the girl while uttering these words: “I love you, Alia. Forever and always.”

It just seemed to be a routine. The ring glowing, me floating and being transported to another place. Now, I was in a backyard and there were a lot of people. In the backyard were candles arranged in a heart. Standing in the middle of the heart was the same guy I saw and he had the widest smile I’ve ever seen. He was staring at the girl; the girl that I always saw in the places that I’m being transported to.

Looking at them, I can see the love in both their eyes. They were looking at each other as if they’re the only ones there; that no one else’s existence matters, just theirs.

The girl walked towards the guy with tears brimming in her eyes. “We've had an amazing journey together so far, and now I think we're ready to take the next step in that journey.” After saying that, he got down on one knee. “Will you marry me?”

Liriko: The BattlesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara