Wait and Surprise

Hey guys! I'm back! So I have chosen a winner now. So I'll be mentioning the winner after the story. Okay guys, enjoy!

~The Next Day~

It was morning, as the sun shone upon Jaiden, making her wake up from her slumber.

She turned around to see James still asleep. Then she suddenly remembered the time where he kissed her.

She brushed the thought and resumed in doing their mission, and her next mission is to wake up the sleeping James.

Jaiden shook him gently, saying "Wake up James" repetitively. Dozens of shakes later, he finally woke up.

James: Oh hi Jaiden

Jaiden: Morning James! It's time to continue our mission: Finding the portal

James: Oh yeah. Right

He stood up and brushed dust off of his clothes and reached his bag.

Then the two went out of the abandoned house, along the way they were eating their food that they collected from the orchard yesterday.

It was juicy and ripe.

James: So, did you sleep well last night?

Jaiden: Yeah! I slept we-

~Flashback (dream)~

Jaiden was alone in the forest. The trees were rustling. It was a deafening silence.

Then voices started to speak.

You bastard. You are useless. You think James likes you? Wrong. He just told you that because he wants you to smile.

But all that were lies. He just wants to be friends with you. Then leave you when he finds someone better than you.

He'll replace you. I'm sure with it. Take my hand and you'll be forever be safe with me.

Jaiden decided to hold on to them. Suddenly, she felt her dream about to end. Then

Remember what I said. James doesnt like you. Dont fall with his pathetic tricks. Remember. TRUST NO ONE.

As her dream ended.

~End of Flashback (dream)~

James: Jaiden? Jaiden!

Jaiden: Uh huh what!?

James: What happened? Why did you stop? Is there something bugging you?

Jaiden: No?

James: What do you mean "no?" It seems like a question

Jaiden: I mean... I'm okay. Nothing's bugging me

James: I'm not convinced

Jaiden: Just... I'm okay, okay? Dont worry about me?

James: How cant I possibly not worry about you? You staring blankly at something makes me worried. Are you sure you're okay?

Jaiden: I said YES!!!

James: You dont have to shout, y'know?

Jaiden: S-sorry... Just got out of control

James: I understand

As the two continued walking.

The whole walk was silent. James tried to start a conversation, but Jaiden answers simple and doesnt add up a conversation.

Hence, minutes later, he gave up talking. He ran out of ideas to talk about.

~Hours Later~

They have finally reached the royal purple-colored portal. It was huge.