Q/A (spoilers ahead)

Update 31.01.19: I posted a video on YouTube describing how GiP came to life! Be sure to leave thumbs up if you liked it =)

I really suggest you NOT to read this chapter if you haven't finished the book yet since the theme's handled are mostly spoilers to the story. Please note this Q/A  was written after I completed the first draft of Girl in Pain. Some things might have changed.

A big thank you to all the people that supported me and asked questions so that I could write this chapter and answer their doubts/curiosities.

Well, let's begin!

__________✧__________

Questions on the plot:

1. Why kill her (Oceania)?

How not to expect this question :) Well for starters, as some of you may already know, I didn't plan out the whole book, or better, I only planned the end of the book. I must say that it was kind of (okay I can definitely hear many of you screaming at me right now) cruel on my part to kill O because she almost had her happy ending. But remember, in real life, not everyone has a happy ending. I think that killing Oceania was a symbol of what happens sometimes; sometimes we're so close to what we desire with all ourselves, but then life happens, shit happens (sorry for my French), and it all gets taken away from us. It was hard for me as a writer to "let her go" because after all, she grew on me. I was almost thinking of changing the ending, you know?

2. So Oceania's twin brother was really alive??

Yes!!! Incredible but real.

3. Where did Cole go?

No spoilers, sorry. You will find it out soon though, I promise ;)

4. So, in the last chapter, both boys go for a swim or are they planning to die?

As much as I love dramatic things, I'm not that cruel; the two guys just go for a swim to remember Oceania and feel her closer to them, if that makes sense. And after all, Sea wouldn't want them to take their lives, you have to remember she didn't commit suicide, nor did she want to die. Yes, sometimes she wished to have been killed with her family, but she was a really strong person and wanted to honour her family by fighting and living even if it meant to be alone.

5. Where has Blake been?

Again, no spoilers. You will find out soon ^^

6. Why did Cole abandon O?

He didn't want to, but he had no choice, and actually, he did not abandon her. Also, you will find out when you will read about where he went.

7. Will Cole and Blake remain in contact?

Yes, and not only!

__________✧__________

More general questions:

8. Which chapters have been the most difficult ones for you to write?

I like this question. I guess that in a kind of way, almost every chapter was difficult for me to write, especially with the recurring writer's block. Though it also depends if we're talking emotionally or more about the content. For example, chapter 5, 7, 8, 11, 15 and the epilogue were the ones that invested me the most emotionally and took a toll on me.

9. With which characteristics and parts of Oceania do you identify yourself with the most?

Difficult question... does missing a person count? Well, apart from that, I think that occasionally Oceania shows some dark demons in her, and that part kind of describes a hard time I had a while back, especially the first chapter. The part where she's writing in her journal was written as a fleeting thought of mine during a lesson in a rough part of my adolescence. Months later, as I found it again, I decided it could become a book.

10. Who is this girl in the story? Your own experience, someone you know or totally fictional?

I think all of them, a little part of an old me, a part of someone I know and other fictional things I wanted to add to make her like she is now.

11. What was the biggest challenge for you while writing this book?

The biggest challenge for me was indeed writing something that wasn't in my mother tongue and pouring all my emotions in every chapter I wrote. At some point, I felt drained because I sometimes had to recall sad memories to make it more realistic and full of heart and soul.

12. Now that the book is finished and people have read it if you could somehow go back in time, what would you have changed in the story?

For starters, this is only the first draft on my story, so I will surely go back someday and revise it all. (UPDATE I am doing that and rewriting GiP too) I don't think I would change something, instead, I'd add more information and if there were to be some holes in the plot I would fix them, but I don't think I would change the end of the book.

13. At some point will there be a sequel to the book?

Dun dun dun dun duuun. Yes, there will be! It will be a sequel/spin-off focused on our two boys. I need a pause from these wonderful characters, though...

14. When will you write the sequel?

I got this question a few times during these last weeks, so I decided to include it. Currently, I'm working on some offline projects, but as you could see, some of them are already on my profile, so check them out if you're looking for a different read too ;)After that, I shall see if I'm ready again to continue the sequel to GiP. To answer the question more precisely, I already started writing down notes for the first chapters but have yet to develop them. I might begin to write the sequel after finishing with my NaNoWriMo project, who knows. (UPDATE I'm concentrating on editing & rewriting GiP, and that's my first priority atm. Once I'm done with that, I'll see where my heart will rbing me)

__________✧__________

Okay, this is it! Thank you for all these intriguing questions and if anyone has other please PM or ask in this chapter and I will add them here.