Chapter 8

I cannot make you understand. I cannot make anyone understand what is happening inside me. I cannot even explain it to myself.❞

-Unknown

__________✧__________

The night was still young when a soft breeze of salty air brushed my face. The moon was still far away, its shape not completely visible, and the stars were hiding until darker time. A feeble melody could be heard in the distance as if a radio was playing in the background. Curiosity took over and my feet started to move automatically towards the direction where the music was coming from. It felt like my whole body already knew where to go, when to move aside or when to crouch to avid some low tree branches.

The music became louder signalizing me I almost arrived at the unknown destination. Soon an old car was displayed in front of my eyes. Its state wasn't one of the best: worn out in some places, its windows encrusted with some dried sea plants on the corners and it seemed as if it had been forgotten for a long time. As I studied the vehicle more carefully, I came up against a few small dents on one of its sides and a drawn with black marker side smiley on the edge of the right-back headlight. Turning around, I hopped into the car and a sweet particular scent hit my nostrils making me relax. This all seemed really familiar but I couldn't place the pieces together.
More I thought about it, more my head started to pulse and hurt. Sighing in defeat I decided to rest a bit. I put my crossed arms on the steering wheel to be able to relieve my head over them and then, I closed my eyes inhaling the mysterious fragrance, and let the music play in the background.

'Do you see how much I need you right now?
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone...'

After a while though, it felt as if someone else was in the car with me. I slowly tilted my head to the side and glanced to the passenger seat. A gasp left my mouth while my heartbeat quickened its pace making me feel as if it would break free from my thorax at any second. How could he be here? It couldn't be real... could it?

"Blake?" I managed to stutter with a raspy and surprised voice.

"Hi, sis."

"How... a-are you really here?"

A dark chuckle left his lips.

"I would if it wasn't for you. Don't you remember? You wanted to head back and you pouted so much convincing mum and dad to turn around. You did this to us Sea. Why couldn't you shut up? Why couldn't you listen to me for once? Why did you ruin everything", his voice was cracking word after word more and his eyes were glossy.

'I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me, yeah
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you'

I wasn't in a better state. Tears were pouring down my eyes and I was starting to hiccup.
I opened my mouth but I couldn't say anything because a sound of braking tires was heard followed by a flash in front of us.
I couldn't breathe. I felt like drowning as the air in my lungs was pressed together. My vision became even more blurry and then the darkness engulfed me.

'I miss you'

I suddenly woke up soaking wet from sweating. The sound of my laboured breathing resounded around my room. I pulled myself up to a sitting position and a gust of wind hit me making me shiver from the cold. I couldn't believe I fell asleep, especially in my room. Memories of the accident were again flooding back and they would probably taunt me during daylight too.
Slowly I stood up and started to prepare myself to go to school. The sooner I would walk out of this hell, the sooner I would arrive at school.