33°

idk if #876 in fanfiction is super high, but I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! Thanks for supporting me, I love you all :')

***

Mariana has been deep in thought. She was still residing at Pia's. She hadn't been out of the room for a couple days.

She was curled up in a ball, hidden underneath the numerous blankets. The door creaked open.

"I'm not feeling it today Pia, maybe tomorrow I'll get out of bed." She sighed.

"Wow, what a fucking loser." Carl laughed. Obviously he was messing around.

"Carl?"

"The one and only. Now get up, we're going to Chick fil a." He ripped the blankets off of her body.

Mariana sat up, her hair tangled in little knots. She tried to move the hair from her face.

"Fine." She groaned.

"First, brush your teeth. Your breath stinks."

"I bet you'd still kiss me though."

"Is that an offer?"

"No, just a statement." Mariana was still upset with Carl, and didn't want to forgive him so fast.

Mariana walked into the adjacent bathroom. She picked up her designated toothbrush and wet it with water. Slowly she squeezed the tube of toothpaste over the bristles of her toothbrush.

She brushed her teeth, thinking about what Carl might want to talk about. Did he want to break up? Was he going to apologize?  She shook her head, no way would he break up with her at Chick fil a.

He was too good to her to do something like that. If he was going to break up with her, he'd be more careful. After all, Mariana was his best friend.

Carl sat down on the undone bed. He wondered how bad things got for Mari. He knew that she could get depressed, and when she was depressed she wouldn't be the Mariana he knew.

He remembered back when she was thirteen, how bad things had gotten. How one day he looked through her drawers to find her lighter and found numerous amounts of pills. Sleeping pills. Xanax tabs. Adderall. It was her own personal pharmacy.

Carl knew something was up with Mariana, she chopped most of her hair off, wore large hoodies that swallowed her whole body. He just thought it was a phase.

Never did he know that his own best friend had depression. She always seemed alright to him. Or maybe he just never noticed the way she was acting.

Mariana opened the drawer in the corner of the room. She pulled out the ensemble she decided to wear, a simple jumpsuit. She threw a zipup sweater over it, and some lowtop converse to top it off.

Today she wasn't going to try so hard. Hell, she didn't even bother to do any of her makeup.

"Pia, I'll be back soon." She informed to her best friend, who was sitting on the couch watching Supernatural.

"Yeah, yeah. Just bring snacks over for movie night." Pia replied, her attention focused on Dean and Sam.

"Movie night?" Carl asked.

"Every Friday we all pick out a movie to watch. It's our little ritual." She shrugged.

Carl and Mariana sat mostly in silence the whole duration of the ride, besides Mariana's low humming. Carl would occasionally glance at her.

By now he knew when things got from bad to worse. Mariana spacing out was one major sign. But she seemed totally fine as of now.

Soon they reached the infamous white and red building. Mariana smiled with joy. Chick fil a really was her savior.

The duo walked to the counter, they were surprised it was so empty. Mariana looked at the menu, although she always got the same thing each time.

"If I can say your order right you owe me a kiss." Carl smiled. Obviously he had her order memorized.

"Go for it big guy." Mariana teased. Mariana was never one to turn down a bet.

"For me I'll have the spicy chicken sandwich and a large waffle fry, Polynesian sauce. And a fruit cup. And for her, two large waffle fries and a twelve piece nuggets— extra Chick fil a sauce."

Mariana scoffed at his tone of voice. It was very matter of factly. She didn't know why it bothered her so much.

"I'd like to save that kiss for later." He mumbled in her ear. Carl handed the cashier the amount of money.

"You wish lover boy." She laughed as she found a place to sit. She pulled out a chair and sat down, looking out of the window.

"We made a bet Missy!" He called to her, grabbing the tray of food. He placed the tray down onto the table.

Mariana grabbed her food, as did Carl after her. Now things were quiet. No laughing, no jokes. Just silence.

"I guess it's time to talk now." Carl spoke quietly.