Mariana woke up the smell of bacon cooking. Cody knocked on her door to tell her to come out. She looked in her mirror, her hair messy and makeup smudged. She wore an old tank top and her favorite red flannel pajamas bottoms.

She walked downstairs, her mom and Daniel cooking bacon and pancakes. She sat down tiredly, not knowing what last night was. She couldn't believe she almost kissed Carl. The last time she kissed Carl was the day she left to California.

"Here's your favorite sis, pancakes and bacon." Daniel set down a large plate filled with bacon and pancakes. She broke out of thought. She picked at her plate as she heard her brothers talk.

"So today I have a modeling gig. It's gonna pay pretty good. I'm trying to save up for your college. I want you guys to have what I didn't." Daniel patted Jake's back.

"How come you didn't go to college Danny?" Cody asked before shoving a nothing fork full of pancake into his mouth.

"Mom and Dad didn't have enough money to get through. And besides, I wasn't as smart as you. At least my pretty face gets me places. It just sucks I don't have a degree or anything like that. I don't even have a diploma." Daniel sighed, biting the crisp bacon in front of him.

The siblings continued to talk, and Mariana just sat there listening. Her eyes remained in their wide doe eye state, slowly eating the food on the table. She had this feeling. This feeling of nothingness. It wasn't a bad feeling. She just couldn't describe what she was going through at the moment.

Words couldn't express the numb feeling that flowed from her legs to her head. It was hard to think about it to. To ponder about it. At this point she was just scraping syrup off of the plate and licking it off of the fork.

"Are you gonna eat the plate too? There's nothing left on it," Jake deadpanned, staring weirdly at his older sister. She shook her head and unfurled herself from her criss cross position.

The tile was cold. She crept to the sink and sat her plate on the right side. She felt weary. Mariana walked up the stairs to get dressed. She wanted to do something productive today.

"I didn't see Debbie or Fiona yet. I should go check up on them." Mariana put on some clothes and hopped towards the door. She pulled down the lace at the bottom of her crop top. It was hot so she didn't want to be sweaty.

"Just in case," she spoke as she stole Chris's black and white flannel, putting it on and pulling the sleeve up to her elbows. She jogged down the stairs and to next door.

Outside of the door she immediately heard noise. It wasn't a new thing for the Gallagher household. It had just been so long since she heard the bickering that she grew up hearing.

She knocked on the door twice, waiting for the door to open. She picked at her fingernails to entertain herself. Debbie opened the door and gasped. "Mariana!" She gripped the small girl into her embrace.

"Uh, Debs, I think Mariana is suffocating," a voice from inside awkwardly said. Debbie let Mariana go, and to Mariana's dismay it was Carl. Mari didn't hate Carl, it was just that'd it would be uncomfortable.

"How was California girl? Any cute guys? Celebrities? Spill!" Debbie was extremely squeamish and exuberant. Debbie had always been a curious girl who wanted to know about every single thing everyone did. She just had a knack for gossip and stories.

"California was amazing. There were tons of cute guys. And I met a bunch of celebrities, through Pia Mia of course. I met her first and we became friends. I don't know how, it just happened. I even made out with Luke Hemmings. It was crazy."

Carl just stood there leaning against the wall. He felt a lump rise in his throat when he heard about Mariana having a relationship with a famous celebrity. 'Who the fuck is Luke Hemmings?' Was all he could think.

"Well, Carl, Luke Hemmings is from the band Five Seconds of Summer. He was my boyfriend for eight months," Mariana answered with attitude.

"I said that out loud?"

"Yeah, like an asshole too." Debbie scoffed while she dragged Mariana up to her room for privacy.

"Shit."