"Finally, we're back." Mariana relieved as she plopped herself onto the familiar couch in the Gallagher living room. Carl sat on top of her, sprawled out.

"Carl—stop—you're too–heavy." She tried to breath, but Carl sat on her like a rock. Mariana used all of her strength in her overly skinny body.

"Carl, stop trying to kill the girl." Fiona said as she walked down the stairs, putting large dangling earrings in her ears. Mariana assumed she was working as a waitress at another club tonight.

"Fine." Carl groaned as he slipped off of Mariana and onto the probably dirty floor. Mariana turned the tv on, Paranormal Activity streaming. Carl instantly shot up and sat next to the girl.

One thing the couple loved to do together was watch movies. It didn't matter if it was a romance movie or an action movie, the two loved to watch movies together. They'd comment stupid things and rewind parts they found funny.

"I guess I'll get popcorn then." She giggled as she walked towards the kitchen. Carl followed after, wanting to get candy.

"See if we got any sugary foods. I'm craving sugar right about now." Carl was the type to want sweets 24/7. He'd always have a bag of skittles or piece of chocolate in his pockets.

Mariana tippy toed to the cupboard that held the Gallagher candy. She groaned when she saw there was nothing. "Sorry Carl, there no candy for you to eat."

"But there's something else that's sweet I can taste." He wrapped his arms around the short girl. He realized, now that he's obviously done with Dominique, he can finally have Mariana.

"Gallagher, calm your hormones. You just got out of a relationship." She shoved his face away as she walked to put the popcorn in the microwave. She grabbed some more snacks and threw them into a large tray.

Her eyes were glued to the tv as she set everything down on the coffee table. Carl just stood there in he kitchen. He felt stupid for doing that. Nevertheless he grabbed all of his dignity and went to face her again.

Carl looked at her intently, her brown hair a tad bit messy. She wore her favorite Nirvana shirt and her oldest grey sweatpants. All Mari was focused on was the movie playing before her.

Carl liked how she didn't care to look pretty around her. All she cared about was being comfortable. She wasn't one to try and impress others. She did what she wanted to do and didn't care what others thought about her. She knew she could make it big if she stayed confident.

He had a warm feeling in his chest. He was glad he could spend time with his best friend, someone he had truly loved. He sat next to her and grabbed a handful of popcorn, shoving it into his mouth.

The two were entangled in countless blankets. Mariana was pulled close to Carl, the movie being scarier than she had remembered. Liam was fast asleep upstairs, Lip was god knows where, Debbie was with Holly, and Ian was probably with Mickey.

It's not like anyone was home anymore. The Gallagher house was only full on  weekdays, all of he kids piled on the single couch watching whatever show was on. But on the weekends, the place was deserted like it had been quarantined. It was quiet, which was weird to think about. The Gallagher house was never quiet.

"Mari, hold up on the grip, you're gonna rip my skin off." He chuckled at the younger girl, whose eyebrows were scrunched in deep thought. He couldn't help but stare. No matter how many times he had told himself to stop staring, he always was drawn back to her.

"Sorry Carls. You know this movie scares the shit out of me." Ever since she met Carl she'd only watch scary movies with him. It was a natural instinct to cling onto him whenever they watched horror movies.

"What a baby." He playful scoffed at the terrified brown eyed girl.

Mariana flicked a piece of popcorn at her best friend. "Shut up you ugly."

"I'm so hurt Mari." He put his hand to his chest and shut his eyes tight in an attempt to look face offended.

"Awe who's the baby now?"

"Still you." He laughed at the small girl who was clearly getting frustrated.

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes.

'What a smartass.'She thought, crossing her arms with an irritated look on her face.

"Make me."

"You're an idiot."

"Sure."

"Can't come up with a comeback babes?"

"Well sorry I'm not such a loser that I spend all day looking up insults." He didn't know why he said that, he just did.

"I do not do that."

"Clear your history and then come back to me baby girl." Mariana knew that wasn't true, but she was shaken about something other than that.

"Don't call me that." Mariana was taken aback when Carl had called her baby girl. It made her feel a certain way.

"Why?"

"Because." He slumped down into the pile of blankets.

"Because what baby girl?" He tried to play innocent.

Mariana was getting squeamish. "Because I said so."

"Whatever you say baby girl."

"Carl Francis Gallagher, stop." She murmured in a harsh tone. She was feeling her cheeks heat up. She hated this feeling. This tension. This sexual tension.

"Stop what baby girl?" He acted clueless as to what she was talking about. It was all part of his silly little gimmick.

Mariana grew more frustrated with the green eyed boy. "You know what."

"Baby girl, I'm not a mind reader."

"Just shut up already Gallagher." Mariana softly threw a pillow at Carl, burying her face into the couch.

"Fine then baby girl." He shrugged his shoulders and popped some popcorn into his mouth.

Carl smirked. He knew what he was doing. He wanted Mariana to get worked up, to want him. To need him. To beg him to be his.

He wanted her to want him.
He needed her to want him.
Because he wanted her bad.
Real bad.