Mariana was currently laying down on Debbie's bed, still jabbering on and on about California. Debbie couldn't get enough of it. She liked the sound of California.

"And then what happened after the cops found you guys all nude in the public pool?" Debbie looked at Mariana, giddy as a child.

"We all had to grab our clothes and rush to the van. It was crazy. Everyone was looking at each other's junk and the whole van smelled of chlorine and it was fogged up from our heavy breathing."

"Wow, you're only fourteen and your life is better than mine. Just don't get pregnant, alright?"

"I got you Debs, I'm still a teenager, I have way too much to do before I pop out a baby. I got my head in the clouds for that fashion career of mine."

Just then there was a soft knock on the door. Carl walked into the now quiet room. Debbie rolled her eyes.

"What do you want Carl?" Debbie was still upset over Carl being an ass about Mariana's ex boyfriend.

"I need to talk to Mariana. In private preferably."

Debbie gave Mariana a look as if to ask, 'do you want me to give you two space or kick his ass outta here?' Mariana just sighed and walked towards the door where Carl was standing.

"Twenty minutes top Gallagher, after that I'm leaving." She patted his chest and walked out of the room. Carl followed after her.

Mariana shoved her hands in the pockets of her pants as she walked off of the curb to cross the street. She was in the need of a snack and the Kash and Grab was the perfect stop.

"Hey Mari, I'm real sorry about what I said earlier."

"It's not a big deal Carl." Mariana decided that shrugging it off would be the best option.

"It kinda was if you were irritated by it."

"I was at the moment, but it's fine now. I'm good. It's good."

"I still want to apologize. So, I'm sorry."

"Well, you're forgiven—if that makes you feel any better. I really didn't need an apology Carl."

"And I really need my best friend to not be mad at me." He slung his arm around her shoulder as they continued to walk.

The bell to the convenience rung. Linda was working the register. Mariana decided that she'd get a bag of her favorite lays chips: limón. She loved them, even though Carl hated them.

"Ew those chips are disgusting."

"Almost as disgusting as your face Gallagher." She chuckled as she shoved her hand to his forehead. She opened the fridge and got a Dr. Pepper.

Mariana stared at that fridge. She remembered seeing Mickey Milkovich being screwed in the ass by Ian. She shuttered at the remembrance.

*

"Say one word Mendoza and I'm killing you."

"Please, a Milkovich, killing a Mendoza? That day will come when Frank becomes sober."

*

She met Carl at the front, Linda already scanning the numerous items he wanted. Mariana placed her snacks, pulling out a wad of cash.

"What the hell are you doing, you already know I'm paying."

"Ugh, you're terrible Carl." She rolled her eyes and slightly stomped her feet.

"But you still love me." Carl smirked.

"That I do."