Carl woke up, feeling groggy as ever. The blankets were tousled all over the floor and hanging off of the couch. Mariana was no longer sleeping next to him, and if it wasn't for her shouting he would've thought she went home.

"Fucking bitch!" The girl exasperatedly yelped. She stuck her burnt finger in her mouth to soothe it. Carl leaned on the fridge, intrigued with Mariana's attempt at trying to cook.

"Having fun there?"

"Not exactly."

He saw she was trying to make bacon and pancakes. The oil from the bacon was crackling. Mariana wrapped the sleeve of the sweater she was wearing around the handle of the pan.

"Hey, that's my sweater." He pointed at the overly large sweater Mariana was wearing.

"And?"

"I own it."

"What relevancy does that have?" She turned her face away from the pan, which was currently crackling.

"It's my property."

"And??"

"I bought it!" Carl whined at the her like a child. Mariana tried as best as she could to contain her laugh.

"And I'm wearing it."

Carl gave up on the stubborn girl. He huffed as he sat at the yellow kitchen table.  Soon afterwards she set a plate of bacon on the table. They were set to say: "Fuck You".

"Very mature Mari."

"Says the one who was crying about a silly sweater."

"I bought it."

"And I'm your best friend, which legally means I can wear any of your clothes."

"You don't see me wearing your clothes."

"You're more than welcome to Gallagher. Although I don't think you'd fit them."

"Whatever Mendoza."

"Whatever Gallagher." The two rolled their eyes in unison.

"Is that like our thing now?"

"If you want it to."

"Alright, you don't see me complaining." He shrugged his shoulders as he proceeded to eating the crispy bacon set before him.

"It's official then."

"Just shut up and give me my pancakes." He chuckled.

"About that..." Mariana eyed the burnt pancakes that were still on the stove.

"What the hell Mari you're gonna burn the whole house down!" He ran and turned the stove off. "You're a terrible chef. You are hereby banned from cooking in the Gallagher house."

"But that means I won't be able to make you cake. Or brownies. Or pie. Or cookies, or anything else. I could always just go to Matthew's house..."

"You wouldn't dare."

"That's the only other place I'd be able to bake at."

"What about your house?"

"My brothers would never let me finish baking. But it's fine, I'll just leave to Matthew Espinosa's house and bake him a triple fudge lava cake. Which I know, is your favorite." She slowly waltzed out of the kitchen.

"Okay fine, you're unbanned."

Mariana ran back into the kitchen,"I knew you'd never be mad at me."

"I really do hate you."

"You really don't."

"Anyways, want to go to the mall? I got all this cash but nobody to spend it on." Carl pulled out two large wads of money out of his back pockets.

"And who exactly do you plan on spending it on."

"Uh, I was really thinking about spending it on that one girl, what's her name, Arzaylea?" He lightly smirked at Mariana.

"You wouldn't dare to." She gave the boy a daring look. Carl knew that Mariana hated Arzaylea Rodriguez with all of her heart and soul. (A/N: sorry not sorry 5sos fans #noragrets. *gets excessive hate from Arzaylea stans*)

"Would I dare?" Carl got his phone out of his pocket and started dialing her number. Mariana lunged at him, trying to grab his phone.

She landed on top of him, straddled on his groin. She pulled the phone out of his hand. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she gave him a menacing look.

"Don't. Ever. Do. That." She huffed in heavy breaths. Carl was in pure shock. All he could do was stare at her as she lay atop of him. It was as if he was paralyzed, he had no motion.

Mariana finally realized what was wrong. She quickly rustled to get off of him, her cheeks turning red in the process. Carl got up as fast as he could.

"Uh Carl?"

"Yeah?"

"You might want to fix that." She pointed at the growing member in his pants. He quickly covered it. All Mariana could do was laugh.