28°

Mariana and Carl were parked outside in the rental car they had purchased earlier. They stood outside the gates of a private property. Garden lights led up to a modernized house with large glass windows.

"Are you really sure you want to meet them?" Mariana was hoping Carl would change his mind, but he was determined to meet the people good enough to meet Mariana's expectations.

"Of course I do Mari."

Mariana grabbed her phone and texted one of her contacts. Carl tried to see who it was, but the phone was perfectly angled so he couldn't see. A few seconds later the large steel gates opened with a creek and Carl proceeded to drive the car into the gates.

He parked the car by the others, although these ones were more expensive and colorful. Mercedes, Maseratis, Ferraris, you name it. All with customized paint jobs.

"Wow, a holographic Lamborghini, must've been expensive." Carl spoke with jealousy.

"It was just $245,000." Mariana shrugged. Carl looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Like that's not expensive."

"Compared to some of the other cars, no."

Mariana knocked on the door. The two stood in silence, the only thing heard was the loud music from inside. Carl stood there with an anxious look on his face, he started to regret his idea and longed to go back to the hotel.

The door opened, a short blond girl opening the door. "Mariana!" The girl squealed, embracing Mariana in a bear hug.

"Pia! I missed you."

"Well, come in, everyone's waiting. They've missed you."

"Ugh, I missed them all too." Mariana thought about her old memories in California, she was glad to be back in the state that she held so dearly.

"And who's this stud?" She wiggles her eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

"This is Carl, my—"

"Boyfriend. I'm her boyfriend." He blurted, Mariana whipping her head to look at him. She didn't know if she should be screaming at him, or screaming and jumping up and down in joy.

"So you're the Carl Mariana always blabbered about?"

"Is there any other Carl?" Interjected Mariana, smiling.

The hall was dimly lit, the walls made of stone. The couple followed closely behind Pia, who swayed back and forth from being intoxicated.

The house had no sign of people inside, only the ear piercing sound of music playing from an unknown location. Carl started to wonder if this Pia girl was just insane and drank alone.

They stopped in front of a black door at the far end of the house. As soon as the small blonde girl opened the door she walked down the spiraling staircase.

Carl's heart started beating,'what am I getting myself into?' He looked at Mariana, she seemed fine, so maybe he should be fine. Unless she's planning to kill you. He gulped, dreading what was down the suspicious staircase.

He closed his eyes and held onto Mariana tight. He stepped slowly, not wanting to fall. Step, by step, by step. The music got louder and louder.

"Carl, you can let go now." Mariana spoke.

He opened his eyes," What the hell?!"