CHAPTER 26: The Portals

Start from the beginning

"Get her," she told me to help her put Cassandra out of the temple. "Some are already here; but, not the powerful ones," she said.

We led the unconscious Cassandra inside her car. Then, we drove to their mansion which is the nearest place we could get help.

***

We let the justice to rest. She was still unconscious. "Daniel, listen to me. No one should know about this. Not until we fix this mess," she told me as she wiped Cassandra's forehead. She was worried about her because she's not only mentally sick; but, also possessed. She knew that the demon was still inside her. With the portal closed, it's weak.

"There are still others out there, right?"

"There are three at least," she replied. "They cannot penetrate the Realm unless all of the portals are open."

She stood from being seated in the bed beside Cassandra. "They have done this before. They put the nations outside in chaos, as well as this very land," she worriedly said. "What happened before through the Serpent of the Serpent shall not be realized again."

"What do you mean?"

"She almost opened the Realm for the nations outside to see," she answered. "She wanted to be the queen of this land at first, and later on had the ambition to rule the entire planet."

"Should we man the City of Serpents?"

"For what?"

"I saw her rising from the sands of the desert," I replied. "In the vision, she was powerful. There will be destruction."

"I told you, we shall not alarm the Realm about this until we take it under our control," she insisted. I sensed her ego with that moment. I had nothing to do but to agree.

She left the room and I followed.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked while we were walking in a hallway.

"What happened in Hyperion stays in Hyperion," she said. I know that she does not want to discuss it further. She loved her so much aside from her twin sister. If we expose what happened, we will Cassandra's career in vain and will create panic and fear among the people.

"Just inform me as soon as you have a plan, " I told her. She just looked at me and nodded. "Don't tell me when it's too late."

She stopped.

"She just did a horrible mistake, putting the Realm in destruction which leads to a total damage to humanity" she raised her voice. "You know how much I treasure her and you know what will happen if we announce this."

"I mean nothing."

"I would like to reiterate, we will keep this on ourselves, until we figure out what we are going to do."

She continued to walk.

***

(Angelo's Point of View)

"Angelo," Commander Nate called me.

"Yes? What is it?" I asked.

"You may go for a while, Justice Cassandra needs you in her office, pronto," he replied. I stopped from arranging the documents I have in my desk.

It might be something urgent, so I rushed my way to her office at the Magistrate Building. I knocked. "It's Angelo," I said. Then she let me come in. She was sitting on her chair having coffee. Relaxed. "I thought something happened, so I rushed my way here," I told her. We don't talk much about things, except for matters that involves our work. I was standing near her door waiting for her reply. She told me to close the door, and so I closed it gently. "I need you to go to undergo a medical examination," she told me. I was about to ask her what for when she talked again: "I just want to know your condition." It was unusual for us, inhabitants of the Realm to get sick so we seldom seek medical attention. But I had an order, and it should be followed.

(Cassandra's Point of View)

As soon as my apprentice, Angelo, left my office, a voice in my head resumed talking to me.

"That's good, Cassandra, very good."

"Shut up!"

"Why? We are about to open a portal, let some demons in and defeat them."

"Then what?"

"Dear, you will capture the hearts of every living and thinking inhabitants of the Realm. They will make you a queen."

"Queen Cassandra." I declared then I laughed. "It only takes a drop of his blood to open a portal."

"We are now reaping what we sow. I told you exchanging your grandson for her son is a brilliant idea."

As soon as I got the test tube that contained Angelo's blood, I headed West. Well, our court is a success in that part of the Realm; hence, I can sneak to Hyperion easily and open a portal.

I arranged that no one shall man the temple that time, one of the perks of being a daughter of one of the powerful courts in the west. I wasted no time. I approached the altar where a sealed passage can be found. One blood from a keeper will do the magic. There were lots of keepers in the Realm; but, I only knew one, my apprentice. That was the reason, I had him in the first place.

I shoved the test tube out of my pocket, removed its seal the poured it to the door. Then something began slamming against the door. It seemed like door was about to break; however, it is made out of the strongest wood in the Realm. Plus, it was an enchanted wood which supernatural forces cannot break.

"Open it! Now!"

"What did I do?" I stepped backward after realizing what I did.

"Open it! I want to know if your friend, Merriah is true to you!"

"No!" I was about to leave the temple and let the door regain its holding power. As long as I don't open the door, it can hold the monsters which are trying to penetrate the Realm. After an hour there will be no sound of force entry anymore.

"You sent a voice message right? She'll be here to save you like she always does." My mind went blank. "I will be a queen!" I shouted then I opened it. A dark aura threw against me. After that a strong light illuminated the temple. There was also a strong sound. I felt numbed. That was the last thing I remembered.

Author's Note:

Updates will be every Fridays. Hope to hear from you! Don't forget to give your comments and hit the star below.