19

Katya POV

A month. Brian and i had gone a month without seeing each other or talking to each other face to face. However, every day for the last 29 days he has sent something to my house as a way of telling me he hopes for our reconciliation. And of course, i wasn't going to lie and say this didn't make me feel special or happy. It did.

It started simple: roses, chocolates. Alongside the extremely large bear he sent to my house yesterday, he attached a letter. It said i should be excited about the gift i was going to receive today. And i was.

The doorbell rang. Time to allow the excitement wash over me! I run to the door and open it, revealing Elena; the girl who had been delivering every single one of these packages for the past month.

She was young, 21 i think. She was working as a delivery woman while still at school to make a few extra bucks, i guess. She was, alongside me, very invested in the saga of this last month.

"Sign here." She says, I sign. She then hands me the parcel. It was heavy one this time. She stays standing at my door for a few minutes, i stare at her.

I realise what she's thinking and grin, "Do you have a few minutes?" I ask.

"I have a half hour bitch." She runs into my house and falls onto my couch. "Come on i wanna see this one. He's written on the packaging sayin' it's really cute." She points out.

I look at his handwriting. Fuck, even his handwriting makes me miss him.

I needed to remember my self worth and gain some self respect very quick; fuck!

"Okay, open it." She whispers, watching me eye the package. I take a breath before ripping the brown wrapping off. I see a black book. A plain black book with no writing or embellishment on it. I bite my lip. I open it.

Oh wow.

i remember this day, we weren't together

i remember this day, we weren't together. i was married, you were single. we were best friends. i loved hugging you. i'll always love hugging you.

My hand traces his writing. I smile and turn to the next page.