17

Trixie POV

I had last seen Brian 4 days ago, on our date. I was glad to have that as the last moment we were together. It was an amazing moment. He said he was going to come over later, we had planned a movie night and we're going to order takeout. A simple evening. But we were going to be together. That makes it worth while.

Chris was coming first, though. He was coming to pick up Jo. She was spending the weekend with him.

"Can you do my eyeliner?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around on my bed, looking at Jo in the door. I smile, ushering her towards me. She sits on the bed. "I want it long and wingy, please." She closes her eyes.

I apply the liner to her lids and she opens her eyes, looking straight at me. "Can i ask you a question?" She says out of nowhere.

"Course." I reply.

"Don't get mad, okay?" She adds.

This worried me, of course. But i nodded. "Sure." She threw her pinky finger in my face. I chuckled as i wrapped mine around hers and kissed it. "I promise i won't get mad." I say.

"Would you and Brian ever adopt another kid?"

Wow, okay.

"I mean, not right now. But eventually. Is it something you'd do? I'm so happy with my family, and this isn't me begging for more. I was just wondering. You know, a sibling would be cool." She mumbled, all extremely fast.

"Oh, Jo." I grin, hugging her. "Maybe one day, hun. Just not right now. Definitely not right now."

The doorbell rings. She jumps up from my bed. "That's dad! I'll go open the door." She ignores the importance of the conversation we had just had and runs down the stairs and to the door. She hadn't seen Chris in a few weeks and had openly really missed him.

I follow her down the stairs, only not as fast. I make my way to the door, seeing Chris standing there with Jo. They hug for a long time before he stepped inside and came to me. "Hey honey." I grin, hugging him quick and pecking his cheek. "How you doing?" I ask as we all walk into the living room.

"Good. Tired. Drive was really fucking long." He yawns, falling onto the couch. "Oh, by the way," He looks at me, "I've transferred a few hundred dollars into the college fund." He says, clicking his fingers, "Shit there was something else as well." He groans, "I'll tell you when it comes back to me."'

"I put some in yesterday too, i had a gig a couple weeks ago." I said. "Want some coffee? Water? Anything?" I ask.

"Water, please." He says.

"I'll get it!" Jo says as she walks into the kitchen.

I fall onto the couch next to him. "So, how are things?" I ask. Luckily, things between Chris and I had never seemed awkward since we had broken up. Maybe for the first day, but never after. I guess it makes sense though; i had been with him for 12 years.

"My mums getting better, which is good. But it kinda sucks cause i really fucking miss you and Jo." He sighs. "I mean, Jo. I miss you too but- am i allowed to miss you?" He groans, "I don't know what i'm allowed to do anymore."

"Of course you can miss me. I miss you too. We were together for so long." I sigh, moving closer next to him.

"I do really miss you. I went from having you by my side, seeing you everyday, you being the person i woke up to everyday to not seeing you at all. Not even speaking to you on the phone. Its weird and i hate it." He also moves closer to me. His hand slowly makes its way to my thigh. He rests it there.

"But you're happier without me, right?" He retracts his hand. "You're happier with Brian."

"I-"

"Here, your water." Jo comes from the kitchen and hands Chris his water. I move away from him a little, making a space come between us.

"I'm gonna go sort some things out in my room and i'll bring my bags and stuff down in a second, yeah?" Jo says. Chris and I nod, watching her run up the stairs.

"So, how are things with you? With Brian?"

It felt weird and unnatural talking about Brian to Chris, but i was going to. I wanted to be mature and friendly with him. "Good," I start, "No, what am i saying." I chuckle, "They're great. Better than, i don't know. They're... great. Perfect." I breathe, thinking of
how fucking amazing Brian is.

"Can i say something?" He says. I nod. "I really fucking miss you, Brian."

"We've been over this." I joke, noticing the change in Chris's tone. I was starting to question the intensity of what he was saying.

"I want to kiss you. You're an amazing kisser." He sounded out of it, but he looked so normal and awake, and so much like Chris. He looked rational, and clever and as if he knew exactly what he was saying. He looked as though his words weren't crazy.

I stand up. "Chris... i think you should just take Jo and leave."

He stands up too. He steps close towards me. My eyes follow up into his eyes as he starts to slightly tower over me. It felt so natural, so normal. The closeness and comfort of Chris. But then i closed my eyes and saw Brian. But by the time, it was too late.

His hands were snaked around my neck and his lips were hovering over mine. I pushed him away before they could touch. I was not going to let this happen. This wasn't going to happen.

"Fuck." I hear a small voice behind me. Shit. Fuck. No, please no. I turn around and see Brian standing at the front door. "I'm sorry, the door was open... i... i'm sorry." He mumbles quietly, before running down the front yard. I run to the door and out to follow him.

"Brian!" I shout, trying to call for his attention. "Brian! Fuck! Brian!" I run out to catch him, he was in his car. I knock on the window. "Brian! Open the door! Open the fucking window please!" He was crying, he was fucking crying. "Brian please!" I bang down on the window. Tears formed in my eyes. "Brian!" He drives down the road.

Brian's car driving off revealed Chris standing opposite me.

"Go." I say calmly.

"Brian-"

"Go!" I scream. "Get the fuck away from me. Go. Get away!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I push Chris away from me as he try's to move closer.

"Brian, please."

"You've ruined everything." I say. I left myself wondering whether i was talking aloud to Chris or to myself.