Chapter 30~ Clean Up

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

The fact that I had never used-let alone been taught to use-a fire extinguisher was made obvious when the blast of the pressurized chemicals inside flew forward and knocked me onto my bottom. I let out a yelp at first, surprised by the amount of power the extinguisher had, but then I smiled a bit when I heard Louis' laugh. When I looked over at him I could see that he was hunched over slightly, and he was trying to stop laughing while he clutched a bottle of water in one of his hands. "I'm a little jealous," he laughed, "a fire extinguisher managed to sweep you off of your feet before I could."

I laughed, trying to stand up until he came over to help me up. "That was bad," I giggled, and he nodded in agreement though his eyes were still scrunched with laughter. I looked to his hand then, noticing the bottle again and pointing to it with a raised eyebrow, "what? Are you planning to put out the fire with that?"

He looked down at the bottle, which was only half filled anyways, and then shook his head even though he uncapped it and threw it on one of the smaller flames. I'm sure we would have been freaking out if the flames were everywhere. However, the room only had patches of them in different places and none were really that big. The kitchen was charred, though, and we would no doubt be sifting through the different drawers tomorrow to see if we would have to make a trip to an appliance store for more than a replacement for the sick that had been blown off of the counter.

"I tried," he shrugged with a slight smile. We both let out a little chuckle before he motioned to the fire extinguisher, "let me help you with that."

"I've got it," I protested, but he shook his head still

"Says the girl who just got knocked onto her a**." I had to admit that he was right, and I nodded my head, but still held onto the fire extinguisher. His hand glided over mine as he stood behind me, my back to his chest as he placed his hands over mine. With a slight squeeze to the handle, we both were pushed back a bit while the chemicals inside of the extinguisher shot towards the licking flames. The yellow, red, and orange wisps soon receded from the room and we were left looking at the black-and now white in some places-room.

"I'm so sorry, Lou," I apologized, looking up to him while he pried the extinguisher from my hands and placed it on the floor next to us.

"Don't worry about it; it's not your fault," he shook his head bringing me back into his arms as the faint sound of sirens could be heard in the background. "But I hope you know that you're coming with me to the appliance store tomorrow," he told me, and I nodded into his chest. "Just glad that neither of us got hurt; it was a bit too close of a call for my taste."

"Yeah, maybe we shouldn't open packages from now on," i suggested, and he chuckled ever so slightly, giving me a gentle squeeze before he had to go to the door and let the fire people in.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

"Benjamin called," Louis informed me when I had woken up the next morning. He seemed nervouse with the words, and i eyed him carefully.

"What's wrong?" I wondered, sensing that this little call hadn't been just a friendly call to see how we were doing. After all, it hadnt been too long since we had last been to the compound.

"Luca hasn't been seen in the last couple of days," he answered, watching me as he said the words slowly. I could feel my heart skip beat before picking up its pace, and I knew Louis could tell because his face fell a bit. "Audrey, it's probably nothing," he tried to reassure me, "he probably just got stuck somewhere and had to stay there for a few days. Benjamin wanted to know if he was with us, so maybe he was on his way here and had to stop along the way."

I nodded, trying to believe that even though I had a bad feeling about the situation. It just seemed like one thing after another in the past few days, but I was hoping that Llouis was right about this and the situation wasnt serious. I let out a heavy sigh, "I hope he's okay."

Louis and I had been in the kitchen for an hour or so when the doorbell rang, we had just been pushing around ash and burned pots and pans. He had opened the drawers in the kitchen to find some things were salvageable but a lot of things weren't. There was a curse when he looked at the cupboard that had contained his mother's fine china; he mumbled something about her killing him.

So, when the knock traveled through the house and I saw that Louis was still occupied, I rose from my place on the charred floor. "I'll get it," I called, pushing down on his shoulder slightly in order to stood up. He grunted out a thank you while I made my way out. I peeked through the peep hole to check and see who it was, and let a small smile glide across my lips when I saw Noah. He was wearing the suit he had been wearing the first time he had stopped by and asked me the short round of questions.

Immediately, I opened the door for him to step in, but he made no attempt to move. "You should close the door, Audrey," he stated, his expression serious and almost pleading.

"Um, are you alright?" I wondered due to his sudden and confusing statement. I was about to step forward to rest my hand on his shoulder, but his words stopped me.

"No, Audrey, close the door, please," Noah pleaded, "dont let him come in."

My mouth opened to question him further, but before I could there was a loud crackle as if lightning was hitting something metal, and Noah's features contorted in pain. He looked as if he was about to scream, but before he could the life itself drained from his eyes and they rolled to the back of his head. My hands reached out to grab him because he started to fall towards me, but I wasnt strong enough to hold him up and I fell to the ground as his limp and lifeless body fell on top of me.

"Sorry to barge in, Audrey," a familiar voice said from the doorway. I couldn't see his face, but I didnt need to in order to know who it was. So, I struggled to push Noah off of me, and once i managed to, I stumbled onto my feet and put as much distance between us as I could. In his hand he held a shiny, silver ball that was surrounded by little flickering blue bolts of electrical currents which crackled and snapped. He had just killed Noah, and it didn't take long to figure out by the look in his eyes that I was next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello world! I am excited for the next chapter of this story, but I thought I would leave it here for you to speculate, though I suppose it isn't too hard to figure out who killed Nathan. Hope you enjoyed the little bots of Loudrey in the last chapter and the beginning of this one. Maybe I'll update this upcoming weekend; I hope you guys enjoyed! :)

-cow_queen