Chapter 17~ A Happy Kind of Hurt

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

It took a little longer than Zayn expected to find what he was looking for and Louis was beginning to get a little impatient as we sat in the living room and waited for him to leave the house. Zayn laughed nervously before mumbling, ''dont mind me,'' and leaving the room quickly to search another part of the house.

''F*** it, he's not going to leave any time soon,'' Louis groaned before turning towards me. For the first time that night I had noticed that his eyes weren't as blue as they were before. They were tinted with red slightly and I could already guess where this was going. ''I need to talk to you about what happened at the compound with Elijah,'' he started and my gaze fell to my lap. I had only spoken to Liam about that so that he could pass the information on to Louis. We had never actually talked about it.

''I know that I was supposed to ask you if it was alright, but he was dying and I knew you wouldn't like it so I didn't want to tell you-,''

''I'm not mad about it,'' he cut me off and I looked up at him with a bit of confusion.

''You're not?''

''No, I would've been grateful for a bit more warning, but I'm not mad,'' he assured me, ''however, you weakened the bond.''

''I know,'' I nodded, ''but I had to do it, Louis.''

''Yeah, I guess you're the kind of person who would help,'' he agreed, ''that  doesn't change the fact that we have to fix it.''

I gulped, thinking about all the possible ways the bond could be fixed, ''fix it?''

He grew visibly nervous as he scratched the back of his neck before answering, ''you know, mend it by doing what weakened it.''

''You have to bite me?'' I inferred and I could tell that there was a bit of fear in my voice. It had hurt worse than anything I had ever experienced before, and I didn't want to go through it again. Plus, Louis wasn't a sick baby who needed the blood; this was just something to strengthen a bond. So, to say I didn't want to do it was an understatement.

''Yes, but don't worry,'' he said quickly, ''when your mate is the one feeding off of you it doesn't hurt as much as when it's not your mate.''

''So it wont hurt as much as when Elijah fed?'' I tried to clarify.

''Not even a fraction of it,'' he assured me, ''just a little pinch and then the rest is happiness.''

''How do you know?'' I questioned skeptically.

''My mum told me,'' he answered simply with a shrug of his shoulders. I mulled it over in my mind before slowly nodding my head.

''Okay.''

''You'll do it?'' he wondered hopefully as a smile made it's way onto his parted lips and I could make out the fangs that'd be piercing my skin in a moment. My heart beat was going a mile a minute while all I could do was nod my answer. ''You're going to have to try and calm you're heart rate, Audrey, it would be bad for the both of us if I ended up taking too much blood on accident,'' he advised and I closed my eyes. I began to take deep breaths until I felt my heart slow down and get to a normal pace.

Louis' hand brushed away the hair covering my neck and I cringed slightly at the contact because it reminded me of what was about to happen. I sure hoped he was right about it not hurting because it was scaring me to death. ''Just relax,'' he whispered in my ear before I felt his lips on my neck. I had the urge to smack him, mainly because the only one who was allowed to have his lips anywhere near my neck was Jake when we were still dating. I resisted the urge, however, and waited as calmly as I could for the pain to come.

When his fangs grazed my neck my impulse made me flinch violently and I pulled away as quickly as i could. Elijah had made it quick because he was a baby and he had an eager impulse to get blood, but Louis seemed to be making this as slow as possible. I opened my eyes to look at Louis and he gave me a stern look before saying, ''you have to stay still.'' I nodded slowly and he grab my arms gently before pulling me back towards him and lowering his head to the crook of my neck.

This time, when his fangs touched my skin I didn't have a chance to pull away because he quickly bit down. I let out a whimper before the pain in my neck went away and was replaced by an almost... happy feeling. I felt as if I had just won the lottery and all of the adrenaline within that moment was over powering, somewhat intoxicating in a way. Louis emitted a low moan before there was a chuckle from the door way and Louis pulled away from my neck.

''Zayn,'' he growled and I craned my neck to see said boy standing with a smug look on his face.

''Calm your hormones, Louis,'' Zayn chuckled before his own hand reached up and smacked him in the face. ''Hey!''

''Ha, not so funny anymore,'' Louis smirked.

''Yeah, well your thoughts were pretty funny,'' Zayn shot back, ''bet Audrey would love to hear about them.''

''Too bad you're not going to tell her,'' Louis growled just as Zayn started to robotic-ally walk out of the doorway and towards the front door.

''That's not fair, Louis!'' Zayn called as I heard the front door creak open.

''Next time stay out of my head,'' Louis called back before the front door shut and he let out an aggravated sigh. When he turned towards me I raised an eyebrow but he just shook his head, ''dont ask.'' Then he looked to my neck and cursed.

''What? What's wrong?'' I panicked but he quickly shook his head.

''Nothing serious, I just bit down a bit too hard I guess,'' he hurried out while standing, ''you're only bleeding a little.'' I calmed at his words. ''Just sit tight and I'll get you a towel to stop the bleeding.'' Before he could even look towards the door to the kitchen there was a knock on the front door. He cursed again and wiped a smudge of blood from his lips before going to answer it. When he came back in he had a pizz box balanced in one hand and a towel clutched in the other. ''Wasn't too bad, huh?'' he prompted with a smile as he dabbed at my neck.

I couldn't help but nod in response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, do you think Audrey is warming up to Louis already? It would be nice seeing as it's only her first day and that gives them more time to work things out instead of her being afraid of him. Though they might not be totally out of the water yet.... What'd ya think?

-cow_queen