Chapter 4~ Knock Knock

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

Knock. Knock.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when the simple noise broke the silence in the whole apartment. My breathing hitched and I struggled to keep it under control so that I could hear what was being said in the other room. I heard the door creak open on it's faulty hinges and then Jake's confused voice drifted through the silence, ''Hello?''

''Who the fuck are you?'' Louis' voice shot back and I felt my heart beat quicken with his words.

''My name is Jake, aren't you from that boy band?'' Jake replied; I could tell he was biting his tongue to keep from saying anything rude. I silently thanked the Lord that he was such a considerate person because if he had said something rude who knows what Louis would do to him.

''No, but I get that a lot,'' I heard Louis' response and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why would he lie about that?

''Oh, well do you need something, sir?'' Jake questioned.

''More like someone, I'm looking for Audrey Masters.''

''Um, yeah, she lives here but she's sleeping right now so you're going to have to come back later,'' Jake informed him before I heard the creaking of the door again. It stopped abruptly, however, and I prayed that Louis would just go away....

''Are you her brother?'' No such luck.

''No, I'm her boyfriend.''

There was a long silence that seemed to stretch on forever before I heard someone scoff slightly.

''Interesting, well thanks, tell Audrey I stopped by,'' Louis stated before the door creaked closed the rest of the way and I laid back down in the bed as relief flooded over me. However, just as soon as my head had hit the pillow I heard my phone go off.

Meet me at the diner around the corner from your apartment in two hours. Don't keep me waiting. -Louis

I set the phone back down on the side table after setting an alarm for two hours. I wasn't stupid enough to ignore him or say something bitter this time; I had had enough scares today. Plus, I don't exactly think making a vampire pissed off would be such a good idea. I rolled over in the bed and tried to get some sleep before I had to go see Louis. Eventually I slipped into a nightmare filled slumber that was enough to give me a bad feeling about going to the diner.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

''Hey, you're awake,'' Jake stated the obvious as I sat down on the couch next to him. I slumped into his side and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. ''You feeling okay?''

''Yeah, but I was thinking I would go down to the diner to get something to eat,'' I told him.

''Well I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I'll be home before ten. I promise,'' he said and I nodded slightly. ''Some guy came by earlier looking for you. He didn't say his name but he had brown shaggy hair and he didn't look to stable at the time when he was here.''

''Really?'' I wondered to try and make it sound like I hadn't heard the whole conversation that they had had earlier.

''Yeah, does he sound familiar?''

''No,'' I lied, ''but if he comes again don't let him in or open the door. He could be a vampire for all we know.''

Jake laughed before standing up and ruffling my hair, ''you have a wild imagination; vampires don't exist.''

If only you knew... ''I'm serious, though, don't open the door for him. He could be bad news.'' He is bad news. 

''Okay, I wont,'' he assured me before kissing my forehead and leaving the apartment. I sighed heavily before checking my watch and heading out the door also. It was a short walk to the diner and when I got there I peeked through the window to see if Louis was there. Sure enough, he was sitting at a booth as he tapped his foot impatiently and checked his watch for good measure. As soon as I saw him my heart beat grew faster and I could feel myself shake violently at the thought of having to talk to him. To think just a day ago I would have killed just to see him and the boys. Now, I just wanted to stay as far away from them as possible.

A smirk spread across his face as he stared down at his watch. His head lifted and turned to look right at the window I was standing outside of and it scared the shit out of me. His smirk turned smug as he sat back in the booth and stretched out his legs slightly before motioning for me to come inside the diner. I did as he said though it felt as if my legs had a mind of their own and I was being numbly carried over to where he was seated. I stood next to the booth for a moment before he nodded to the seat across from him and I plopped down.

''How's your back?'' he questioned and I scowled slightly at him.

''Why did you tell me to come here?'' I countered.

The smile left his face and he sat forward in his chair, succeeding in intimidating me though I didn't let him know that. ''I went to your apartment today,'' he started.

''Really?'' I acted as if I had no idea; just like when Jake had mentioned it earlier.

''Don't play dumb, I know you were awake. Your heart beat was so fast that I'm surprised that you didn't have a heart attack,'' he stated and I gulped. ''Anyway, your boyfriend answered the door as you know.''

''And?''

''Well, I have a problem with that.''

''The fact that I know about it or that my boyfriend answered the door?''

''The fact that you have a boyfriend,'' he answered simply and I raised an eyebrow at him.

''Why do you have a problem with that?'' I wondered.

''That's not relevant, my point is that you need to get rid of him.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, that's it for tonight. I hope you enjoyed the chapter :) See you next week hopefully.

-cow_queen