Chapter 19~ Tread Carefully

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

Dear Audrey,

I hope you haven't forgotten about me already with all this business of no letters being received on my end. I hope I am not loving someone who does not love me back. I kid, I know Louis must be watching you like a hawk. Staying in a flat with the devil's spawn must be torture. I cannot make this too long, love, Luca has been hanging over my shoulder a lot recently. He misses you as well so I think he might just come by one day and bring you back for some time away from Louis. I look forward to that day. Maybe soon I can sever the bond and we can run away.

With Love,

Joshua

P.S. If he ever hurts you, write to me and I will take you away from that dreaded place. An angel such as yourself should never be harmed.

I smiled down at the piece of paper and bit my bottom lip slightly as I reread certain lines. I hoped to see them soon because I really did miss them all a lot. Maybe something would happen and I would have to go over there. I could only hope.

While I thought about it there was a bang on the door and I placed the letter on the counter to go see who it was. Though, I didn't need to check because their voice gave them away. ''Louis, open up, I need to talk to you about something,'' Harry's voice called from the other side of the door. The doorknob wiggled in it's place and I reached out to turn it but quickly pulled my hand away. The doorknob was radiating heat and the sheer intensity of it was growing stronger with each shake.

''Harry,'' I called and the jiggling stopped.

''Audrey?'' he wondered.

''Yes, now let go of the doorknob so I can let you in,'' I instructed and I guess he did as I said because it was no longer hot. I opened the door slowly and he stepped inside, immediately searching for Louis. ''You're not going to find him; he went to go record things early this morning,'' I told him and he cursed, ''what'd you need to talk to him about?''

''Nothing,'' he shook his head, ''you're not supposed to know about it anyways.''

''I know about a lot of things I'm not supposed to know about,'' I challenged and he glanced at me before letting his shoulders slump and sighing.

''It's about my soul mate,'' he confessed.

''The angel?'' I wondered and his eyes went wide in surprise, ''Benjamin told me.''

''Oh, yeah,'' he huffed, ''she's not 'the angel' though. Her name is Paige.''

''Did something happen to her?'' I prompted.

He walked to the kitchen and sat down at the table where he played with the table clothe. ''She's not hurt or anything. In fact, she's as happy and healthy as ever, but... I saw her.''

''You saw her?'' I asked in disbelief, ''how far back was this? I thought she lived in the states.''

''She does,'' he nodded, ''it happened on tour when we had some time off.''

''And you just happened to stumble upon her?'' I followed up as I slipped into the seat in front of him.

He shook his head and looked down at the table clothe as if it was a lot more interesting than he had originally thought, ''no, I went looking for her.''

''Harry! You're not supposed to see her. You could get you both killed,'' I chastised.

''You don't know what it's like, Audrey!'' he shot back while he still focused on the table clothe. His gaze had turned into a glare and I could smell the faint scent of something burning. ''To be told that you can never see the person that determines your life or death. I just had to see her, you know, to know what I was missing out on.''

''And you did see her?'' I pressed on and he nodded.

''More than that. It started out with just walking down to the street she lives on, but then she was walking and we bumped into each other and-,'' he stopped as the table clothe caught fire between his fingers and I gasped but he quickly put it out by grabbing it in his fists. The singed part of it fell from his hand when he opened it again and left black ash to fall to the ground.

''You didn't talk to her, did you?''

He shook his head and ran a hand through his curls, ''no, no, she just said sorry and walked away. Audrey, she was so damn beautiful.''

''Oh, Harry,'' I sympathized and reached to give his arm a reassuring pat, but I jumped and pulled it away when it was zapped by some sort of electricity and he looked up at me with wide eyes.

''I'm sorry, Audrey, I didn't mean to do that,'' he apologized but I just shook my head to tell him it was alright. He stood from his seat and said, ''I should get going,'' before he started for the counter. Something must have caught his eye, though, because he stopped. His hand shot out and grabbed Joshua's letter from the counter before I could even react. I cursed frantically inside my head as I began to panic. It was already too late by the time I could say anything; he had read it. ''What the hell is this?'' he questioned threateningly and when I didn't answer he shoved it in his pocket and headed towards the door.

''Harry, wait-!''

I was too late, though.

He had already left.

No doubt to show and tell Louis all about that letter.