Chapter 28~ Psychopath With Motives

***Jacob's P.O.V.***

I swished my hand over the mist in the air that had shown Louis and his weakling of a mate only moments before. Being a Conjurer was fun sometimes, and being able to spy on the twat was one of the best parts. He was so happy at the moment; how disappointing that was to see is beyond what I could express in words. I turned to Joshua, trying to gauge his reaction to what he had just seen. If seeing his little crush snuggled up to Louis wasn't enough than I had no idea what would be. "Doesn't it hurt?" I whispered beside him, "to see the man who ruined your life so happy with the girl you thought you loved?"

"I do love her..." he trailed off in his insistent manner, "even now."

"No!" I snapped, feeling my patience thinning with every single word, "those are just your hormones talking. You hate her; she left you to be with a monster. The man that killed your mate, nevertheless. Don't you see what has to happen? She must die, and he'll die with her. Then-poof-problems solved." He still wore that expression that said that he was about to argue.

"Why do you want me here then?" he wondered. I face palmed at that stupid question.

"Isn't it obvious? You are going to kill her!"

"I cant kill Audrey," he protested.

"Sure you can, just a little stab, maybe some choking," I egged him on, but he still shook his head, "really, nothing? Not even if it means Louis will die?" I could see that he was having trouble denying the thought of that one.

"Okay, just tell me what I have to do," he nodded, and a smile wider that the expanse of an ocean crossed my lips.

"It's very simply, actually," i started, "all you have to do is walk-." My words were interrupted by a loud clatter coming from near the entrance to Joshua's room. My head snapped to look at the door, and i swiped my hand upwards to make a sort of boundary rise in front of the door. Walking forward, I yanked the intruder up from where he was sprawled onto the floor. "I said to come alone, Joshua," I growled to him over my shoulder. He looked shocked as he saw who I was holding up by the collar.

"I did," he nodded, "he must have followed me. Luca, what the hell are you doing here?"

"For Christ's sake, Joshua, I know you hate Louis but you cant kill Audrey!" Luca protested as he squirmed in my grip. He was a hell of a fighter, that was for sure. I snapped my fingers, and watched as ropes grew from the wall. I dragged the boy over to them, tying him quickly and watching him try to struggle against them.

"Shut up, child," I commanded, "the adults are trying to talk."

He still spoke, though, "Joshua, if you wont keep her alive because she's a good person than at least do it to keep Elijah alive. He's going to need blood again if we cant find his mate and she's the only one who's willing to give it to him. Would you be wiling to let him die?!"

With  grumble, I grabbed one of my knives from the counter where all my little trinkets were. With a swift turn, i held the knife to his neck and he tensed. "I said shut up, boy, you're only giving me more reasons to kill you sooner," I growled.

"Jacob, don't!" Joshua demanded, and I looked to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Having a soft spot for family wont do you any good," I shook my head, clucking my tongue at him as if I was scolding a child.

"You're going after Louis because he killed your sister; you kill my brother and I'll kill you instead of Audrey," Joshua spat back with enough venom in his words to kill an elephant.

I gave a satisfied smirk to him and nodded, "well played, well played." Putting down the knife, I turned back towards him, "you'll go to kill her in two days if my plan for tomorrow doesn't work. I'll speak to you tomorrow. As for your brother, we cant have him tattling on us. He'll just have to stay with me." With a smirk, I added my next few words, "Soon, Louis will die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gosh, this probably sucked. I'm sorry if it wasn't very good. I hope the next update will be soon and better than this one. :)

-cow_queen