Chapter 6~ Unexpected

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

I yawned as I rose from the warm comfort of my bed. My body was tired from crying so much the night before but I had forced myself awake when I thought I heard a sound. My ears were straining to hear anything from the other room. It seemed quiet until there was a humming noise and I quickly grabbed the bat that I had kept by my bed last night. I had had the feeling that Louis would somehow manage to get into my apartment after I had sent him that text. In hind sight, a bat probably wasn't enough to protect me from an angry Louis.

I quietly tip-toed to the door and held the bat up high, getting ready to hit whoever was in my home. I slowly opened the door of my room to peek into the living room. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I was willing it to calm down so that if it was Louis I wouldn't give myself away. When I looked out the small crack into the living room I could faintly make out the shape of someone sitting in the darkness. After a few seconds of watching them a dim light lit up the living room, though, it wasn't enough to show me who the person was.

Cautiously, I took a step out of my room and turned on the lights quickly, not even surprising the person sitting on my couch. They turned around as soon as I swung the bat at them and it was caught by their hand. ''Calm down, ginger,'' the person said and my face scrunched at the random nickname. I have slightly red hair, so what?

''Who the hell are you, and what are you doing in my apartment, kid?'' I demanded as I looked at the person. It was a boy, looking no older than fifteen with slightly longish brown hair and slightly greyish blue eyes that seemed to bore into my very soul. Gosh, this kid looked intense. He was holding my phone in one hand and I felt a little anger as I assumed this boy was some sort of robber. He just looked so young.

''The name's Luca,'' he told me.

''How'd you get in here, the door was locked,'' I interrogated.

He shook his head, ''no, no, no, nothing is ever locked.'' He smirked at me before I heard a click and I looked at the door to see it unlocking and locking without anything touching it. I furrowed my eyes in confusion before figuring it all out. Louis said something yesterday that hinted at vampires having special powers, if I was right then...

''You're a vampire,'' I stated more than asked. My tone was almost bored and it seemed to amuse him.

''Yeah, one of the best. A lot better than that mate of yours...'' he trailed off, looking back at the phone that was opened up to my messages. ''Hates a pretty strong word for your mate isn't it?'' he wondered.

I cocked my head at him before grabbing my phone from his hand and turning it off, ''What are you talking about?''

He froze slightly, ''I've already said enough. My dad's supposed to answer all of these questions.''

''Your dad?''

''Yeah, you know, 'King of the Vampires','' he explained.

The quizzical expression didn't leave my face, ''are you forgetting that I'm a human, not a vampire?''

He sighed, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion, ''Trust me, no one could forget that you're a human when your heart is beating that fast. I just thought that Louis would tell you the big things.''

I shook my head, ''Louis tells me zilch, and I'd like to not see him again so I plan on not learning more.''

''Well, you see, you have a problem there,'' he started as he stood from the couch. He was pretty tall, though, he was about an inch shorter than I was. ''My father has sent me to bring you back with me to our... home.''

I backed up slightly as he walked forward, ''What? I don't want to get anymore wrapped up in this than I already am. I had deal with Louis, if I don't tell then I don't have to go with him. Trust me, I don't plan on telling.''

''That was your deal with Louis, not me,'' he smiled, ''and you should be happy I'm here, I told Louis to get out of here.''

''What are you talking about?''

He froze as if he jut realized what he said, ''I, um, he-.''

''Was Louis in my apartment?'' I cut in accusingly pointing a finger at him in a vain attempt to get him to start spilling his guts.

He took my hand and brought it back down to my side so that it wasn't in his face anymore. ''Yes, he was here. A total wreck too, surprised you didn't hear all the ruckus he made.'' He shook his head quickly and grabbed my hand again, pulling me towards the door, ''That's not important though, you're coming with me before he gets back here.''

''Whoa, whoa, whoa,'' I halted, trying to pull my arm from his grip, ''I'm not going anywhere with you! You just showed up in my house and start saying that I have to come with you! This is crazy!''

He sighed heavily, ''if you don't come than you have to deal with an angry and depressed Louis.''

I bit my bottom lip, thinking about the options; Louis seemed to have no qualms about hurting me before, and I didn't want to see what he would do when he was really pissed off. ''You're right, lets get out of here before he comes.''

Luca smiled widely and then closed the door behind us, locking it with his special power thingy. He pulled me outside and we got in a nice looking car. So, I got into a car with someone that's virtually a stranger; my mother would've beenso proud that all of her talks had gone to waste. Then again, 'stranger danger' kind of gets thrown out the window when you're trying to get away from a bipolar vampire. ''We wont be there for a while so you can rest if you want.''

I nodded and closed my eyes though I didn't fall asleep until a little while later. I was too preoccupied with thinking about all the things that were happening at that moment. At least things would be explained soon. Or I hoped that they would be...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellow, guys! I know it's really short but I absolutely have to go to bed right now. I will maybe most likely not up date this again tomorrow, though, if I do it will be short. Maybe a chapter in Louis' P.O.V.? Anyways, see you soon I guess. Have a great rest of the day you lovely people! :)

-cow_queen