Chapter 7~ The Vampire King

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

''Audrey, c'mon, wake up,'' I felt someone shaking me and I startled awake to look into the blue eyes of Luca. He smiled at me once he saw he had succeeded in waking me up and I offered him a lazy smile in return. ''We're here,'' he told me and I instinctively looked around to see where i was at. The only thing I saw was pitch black except for a soft and warm light shining from the porch of a small cottage.

''Where exactly are we?'' I questioned groggily as he helped me out of the car gently.

''That's for only vampires to know, all you need to know is that it is far away from Doncaster; and Louis,'' he replied before guiding me to the front door of the cottage and into an... interesting room. It was decorated with various animal heads and there were many bookshelves lining the walls which were laden with books of impossible thickness. A single chair sat in one of the corners and from the looks of it, this was the only room in the cottage; no bedrooms, no bathroom, just a library type room.

''I thought we were going to your home,'' I prompted as he pulled me towards a bookshelf and scanned the endless supply of books.

''We are,'' he assured me before grabbing a book and then shaking his head and putting it back. After a few times of him pulling out a random book and putting it back; he grabbed one but it wouldn't go more than half way. By then I had figured out that it was a 'secret' entrance. How cliche... ''Finally,'' he sighed in relief and there was a scraping noise before the chair in the corner wasn't there anymore. He pulled me over to it and then grabbed both my hands. ''I'll lower you down that hole, okay? Just step to the side when you get down there and I'll be down in a second,'' he instructed and I nodded before he helped me down into the hole. It was dark, but I did as he said and stepped to the side, hearing him drop to the ground beside me soon after. The scraping noise rang through the place we were in and then lights clicked on when it stopped. ''It's nothing special yet, but trust me, it's fancier the further back you get.''

I nodded and looked around the long hall that was really just damp and dull looking. He led the way down the hallway and boy was he right; the hallway eventually led into an extravagant hall filled with doors on either side. People walked in and out of the doors, looking our way every now and then but they never gawked for too long. Luca didn't stop walking until we reached and area with vaulted ceilings and a large door in the middle of the center wall. He gave me a smile and pulled me to the door, pushing it open effortlessly before tugging me into the room. It was amazingly huge with golden markings and intricate carvings that covered the walls and all led to the center point of the room. A modestly designed, average sized chair sat in the middle of the room where a sort of light shone on it. The fabric of the chair was a deep and rich red, something so comfortable looking that I just wanted to run my hand over it.

Vaguely, I could see the head of a man sitting in the red chair, but he wasn't facing us so I couldn't make out anything but that. However, when he rose from the chair I could see him clearly. It was a man who had slightly long hair, like Luca's but just a bit longer. He was wearing a sleek black suit that had a black cape hanging off of his back and it went well with his slightly greying brown hair. His eyes were a deep golden color that shone from even halfway across the room. As he walked closer to us i could see a warm smile on his face as he studied me.

''Well, if it isn't Louis' mate, Audrey, right?'' he greeted, holding out his hand for me to shake. When i did give him  my hand his griped mine firmly though it was gentle enough to not hurt me.

''Yes?'' I replied, a Little confused about the whole 'mate' comment.

''I trust my son treated you well?'' he supplied and I nodded in response, ''good. You must be tired though.'' I thought for a moment; knowing full well that I had had a nap in the car but I was still tired and it was still night time. So, I nodded in reply and he offered me his arm with a friendly smile before turning to Luca. ''Luca, please notify your brother of Ms. Masters' arrival. We shall be dinning together tomorrow morning,'' he informed him before Luca left with a nod. ''I am sorry for all this suddenness. We would not have brought you here unless we thought it was absolutely necessary for your safety. Usually we do not harbor humans, but your situation has been a little out of hand with Louis. He was not supposed to find you until we thought he was ready,'' the man explained.

All I could do was nod as he led me down the hallway and talked to me about things that I really had no idea about. My situation, what was that supposed to mean? We reached a door down one of the hallways and he opened it. My jaw dropped when I saw the quaint little set up of the room we had walked into. It wasn't much; just a bed, a book case, and a desk. It was small yet it was perfect.

''Well, this will be your room for the rest of your stay here,'' he told me as he gestured around the room. ''Someone will bring you clothes in the morning, and make sure you get to the private dining room alright.'' I nodded in understanding as I continued to look around the room. There was nagging feeling in the back of my mind telling me that i should be a lot more scared during this time, after all; i was in a whole... compound of vampires. Yet, the only presence of fear was from that slight nagging feeling. ''You might have a headache when you wake up in the morning,'' the man told me, ''your emotions arent exactly in place at the moment I take it, but they will be returned to normal by then, you have me word. Just remember that we will not hurt you here.''

With those words he left me in the room and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillows of the large bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellow, guys! I am so sorry for the short and late update, i will try to update on time this next week, and I am really trying. I hope you enjoyed and dont worry, it will be explained a bit more in the next chapter. :)

-cow_queen