Chapter 15~ Not So Bad

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

The silence in the car was awkward at best. I wanted to reach over and turn on the radio, but I was afraid Louis would smack my hand away or something. We had only been driving for an hour, and the trip would be a bit longer than it was from the compound to Doncaster because we weren't heading there this time. No, I was heading to Louis' flat with him. He had apparently gotten everything all set up the day before, and I somewhat wondered whether he had broken into my apartment to take some of my stuff to his flat.

I was kind of expecting a bit of a fight due to the last time we had seen each other. However, he was calm, awkward, but calm nevertheless. My gaze was fixed on the landscape zooming past out my window. The cold December air hit the glass on one side while the air conditioner heating the car hit the other and caused the window to fog up. After a while I let my childish side make an appearance and I drew a few things on the clouded glass. While my finger glided across the cold and smooth surface I felt a pair of eyes watching me. I looked over at the driver seat to see if it was in fact Louis and I was met by his smirk.

''Nice drawing,'' he joked light-heartedly and I blushed a bit though I stayed quite. It had been the first thing he had said the whole entire time since we left the compound. My eyes traveled back to the foggy window and I smiled at my crudely done stick figures. ''Have you ever been to London before?'' he attempted to start up a conversation.

''No, but it looks very bright and pretty,'' I told him while still looking out the window.

''It is,'' he confirmed, ''I have a feeling that you're going to like it there. It might be crowded but it's nice and the flat has plenty of space so it shouldn't be a big deal.'' I sensed that he had started to ramble because he was nervous; the feeling was almost written all over him. ''It's not like Harrys, his is really fancy, but it will do for now. I figured since you originally lived in Doncaster anyways it would be more of a second home so that you could still live there too, but we could always just live there permanently if you want... Then there's the fact that our family is-.'' Louis stopped himself from continuing and just went completely quiet. I could tell that he figured that he was probably getting annoying and he didn't want to end up blurting out anymore random things.

We both went back to starring out the windows, him watching the road carefully and with a deep frown on his lips. After the continuing silence became unbearable again, I decided to break it this time. ''I still haven't told anyone that you're a vampire. You know, not anyone that's human or didn't already know,'' I stated. The fact had been nagging me and when I voiced it he glanced at me for a moment.

''I know,'' he nodded but he didn't seem to know where I was going with this.

''You said you wouldn't have to come after me and take me with you if I didn't tell anyone,'' I clarified and he sighed.

''It's different now, Audrey,'' he started, my name rolling off of his tongue like the first time he had said it, ''you know a lot more about everything and I messed up things between you and your boyfriend so you need someone to protect you.''

''I don't need anyone to protect me, Louis, I can take care of myself,'' I insisted.

I expected him to be a bit perturbed by now, but he was still fine. ''Humans are the weakest creatures in this world. You don't have powers like everyone else and you die very easily. You might think you can protect yourself, but if you were to run into another creature then you wouldn't be so sure.''

''And you think you can protect me from them?'' I challenged, not rudely, but in an honest question.

He gave me a small smile, ''oh, I know I can. I'm a vampire, and an Agitator at that.''

''An Agitator?'' I wondered in confusion.

''It's what we vampires call the ones who can control other people's movements. I can make any creature do anything I want them to do,'' he explained, ''or stop them from doing something.'' Just then my arm reached forward to turn on the radio, but I hadn't given it the will to do that. Once I had turned it on I turned it right back off again and my hand was back at my side. ''Like that,'' he beamed at me. It was a little creepy, probably because this meant he could make me do anything he wanted.

''So, you're like Luca?'' I questioned as I pushed away the creepy thought.

''No, Luca has no control over people other than making them fly across a room. He cant control their movements, only where they go,'' he corrected, ''they call vampires with his power Shifters.''

''Oh,'' I drawled out while I let that new information sink in, ''what can the other boys do?''

''Well, Liam is a Brumer which means he can control other peoples emotions and how they react to them. Niall is a Healer which kind of takes a lot of energy out of him when he uses the power. Zayn is a Reader-,'' he listed but I stopped him near the end.

''Like the kind who reads books?'' I joked and to my surprise he let out a chuckle.

''No, like the kind who reads minds,'' he corrected, ''he's always complaining about it too. Says some people have nasty thoughts.'' I laughed at that comment because I could just imagine how horrible that power must be when someone was thinking a dirty thought.

''What's Harry's power?'' I prompted.

''He's a stunner; if he wants to, he could electrocute you with one touch,'' he supplied, ''it can be a bit annoying because when he's mad he'll touch something and it'll just turn to ash.''

Note to self: Don't make Harry angry.

We laughed for a bit at his last words and then he got really serious and sad looking. As he drove he kept glancing in the side mirror at his pained face, and he looked at me once. ''Look, I'm really sorry for being such an a** when we first met... and a lot of times after that. I'm just not good when it comes to controlling my anger, but you're my mate and I'm going to make an effort to do better.''

When he said that he was my mate it sounded a bit weird coming from him. I felt a little pain in my chest when the words brought back the memory of Joshua and I's secret relationship. Deep down, I felt a little guilty. Louis and I weren't together or anything so it technically wasn't wrong, but the stupid bond made me feel like it was. I managed a smile and I reached over to give his hand, which was resting on the small armrest between us while the other steered, a small squeeze. A tingling feeling went up my arm when I did so and I went to pull my hand away but he caught it in the last second and held it in his again. He looked down at our hands before looking back up at me with hopeful eyes.

''Please?'' he asked and I felt myself nod even though my mind was saying no. The small smile on his lips when he looked back at the road seemed to fill the car with more warmth and I couldn't help but smile a bit as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys! I hope you liked this chapter and I might update again tonight but there is no guarantee. See you soon, hopefully :)

-cow_queen

P.S. Chandler Riggs' (guy who plays Luca) awesomeness in The Walking Dead to the side>>

***Warning*** contains a bit of graphicness and spoilers if you watch TWD and haven't seen the mid-season finale!