Chapter 3~ The Ones You Love

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

''Remember, this all rides on what you do, Audrey. If you decide to tell our little secret than we'll be after you within a blink of an eye,'' Louis told me as he pulled up to a spot about a block away from my apartment.

I gulped and nodded at his words as he unlocked the doors to the car. The rest of the boys were just watching curiously from the seats in the back. ''I understand,'' I replied because I knew what would happen if I said anything too snide for his liking. I had already gotten on his bad side once; I didn't need to again.

''Good,'' he smiled and I opened the door to the car before closing it again. The window rolled down and he leaned towards it in order to speak to me, ''stay safe and don't get into trouble. We'll be watching.'' Shivers ran down my spine and I couldn't contain the small whimper that escaped my mouth as they drove away.

That had been only a few minutes ago, and the words were burning into my head. I didn't like the way he said the last part; it made me paranoid. I was in the process of trying to unlock the door to my apartment when the door swung open and I jumped in surprise. I was brought into a tight hug that sent pain shooting through my spine from my earlier injury. ''Where the hell have you been? I was worried sick about you!'' my boyfriend, Jake, exclaimed as he pulled me into the apartment that we shared. I should've thought to knock.

I pulled away from the bone crushing hug and did my best to smile at him, ''I got a little carried away with my run and I kind of tripped. I couldn't walk very well so I went to the nearest hotel.''

''Why didn't you call me? I could've picked you up,'' he said; his face softening a bit when he heard my explanation.

''It was really late and I knew you were sleeping so I didn't want to wake you up,'' I told him and he nodded.

''Well, do you need ice for your injury?'' he questioned and I shook my head.

''I did that at the hotel; it's a bit better now.'' He hugged me once again and I winced into his chest. Of course, he didn't see it and when he pulled away he kissed me lightly.

''You tired? It's kind of early,'' he added and I nodded this time. I might have been knocked out but that didn't mean I still wasn't tired. I had a pounding headache and if anything I was a lot more tired than when I had been knocked out. Jake led me to the room that we shared and I got into the bed as he pulled the covers around me, kissing my forehead before leaving me alone in the room. I smiled to myself as I laid in the bed; Jake really was the best boyfriend I could've asked for. He was always so sweet and caring.

My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts as I reached for it absentmindedly. Surprisingly, when Louis gave the phone back to me it hadn't been broken. After being thrown against a tree with it still in my hand I would've expected at least a scratch. Maybe one of them had the power to restore technology back to it's normal state. Hah, that'd be funny.

I read the ID of the sender of the text and gulped. He must've put is number in my phone...

Who keeps touching your back? -Louis

I quickly typed back my reply, surprising myself when it was a bit of a sassy response.

Why don't you tell me. I thought you said you were watching me. -Audrey

Now I really regret that. The worst part wasn't that he answered with something scary; it was that he didn't answer at all. It just made my heart beat faster with every passing moment that there was no response and I tried to make myself sleep but it was impossible. Just when I was about to shut my eyes for the one hundredth time; there was a knock on the door to my apartment and I heard Jake answer.

This is going to be interesting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that this is too short to even comprehend but I have to do homework so I'm in a rush. I hope you enjoyed nevertheless and I hope you come back next Saturday to read more. :)

-cow_queen