Chapter 5~ I Hate You

***Audrey's P.O.V.***

''That's not relevant, my point is that you need to get rid of him.''

''Excuse me?'' I raised an eyebrow, ''I don't think I heard you correctly.''

Louis took a sip of his drink. It bothered me that he could be so casual about something like this. I've been dating Jake since we were in grade ten and guys like him only come around every so often. If he thinks I would just throw him to the curb like that then he has another thing coming. ''I said,'' he began, ''you need to get rid of your little boyfriend.''

''I'm sorry, that's not going to happen,'' I shook my head, getting ready to stand as I saw his grip tighten around the coffee mug.

''I think you'll find that it will, whether you want it to or not,'' he growled out through gritted teeth.

''You cant force me to do anything,'' I told him defiantly as my eyes narrowed at him.

His smirk returned to his lips and he chuckled lightly, ''Trust me, I can.'' The tone in his voice was enough to make me shiver. He hadn't even tried to hurt me yet but I felt like I had just gone through a beating. I was so nervous and I knew he could tell with the way his smile grew with every second I didn't speak.

''I thought all you did was sparkle in the sun,'' I replied shakily, my voice failing a bit at the end. He chuckled at my words and I frowned, surprised I hadn't been met with a threat or anything.

''Very funny, I might actually learn to like you,'' he laughed.

But I don't want you to like me, I thought to myself though I was happy that I hadn't made him mad. I might like to push his buttons a bit but I didn't want to go over board. I should probably watch my mouth around him so that I don't say something I regret later... Suddenly, his face turned serious. Gosh, bipolar much?

''You don't know a lot about vampires, and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as I can, but I'll have you know that I can force you to do what I want. So, be a dear and do what I say so that it doesn't come to that,'' he said. He leaned back in the chair and stirred his coffee with a spoon nonchalantly as he looked at me expectantly. I didn't give him a reply so he sighed, ''I'm giving you a fair opportunity here, you know.''

''No, I don't know! You wont even tell me why I have to and I have to apparently break up with my boyfriend of five years,'' I shot back, ''to break up with the guy I love!'' 

He winced which made no sense to me, and I saw his jaw clench, ''I know it wont be easy, but it has to be done.''

''Why?'' I persisted, ''You at least owe me that.''

''I already told you, that isn't important,'' he argued.

I sighed in exasperation though I wasn't quite ready to give up yet, ''Louis, do you realize how long five years is?''

''Yes.''

''Obviously you don't, you said that it'd be hard? It's impossible to even fathom,'' I told him, ''I'm not going to do something so harsh to someone I love.''

''Would you just stop saying that,'' he demanded, ''I don't fucking care how long you've been with the idiot, I just want you to tell him to fuck off, okay? This could be a lot different of a situation here, and I don't think you realize that. You either do this, or I'll go right to your apartment and kill the idiot.''

I froze at his words and then glared at him, ''I'd rather you kill me than make me go back there and break up with him, as for you killing him, you'll have to kill me first.''