{Ch.26-Say So-Long to the Losers' Club}

1962

1962

            "You get it?" I asked the boy as we all sat around the picnic tables. The Losers' Club, the group of kids that welcomed my brother and I about 4 years ago. Nothing changed, well, we all got tall. Bill and I have celebrated our four-year a little while ago and we were about to go to the Quarry to—hopefully— celebrate college. We've all done the work and survived school and this was our reward.

       "Yeah, fresh out of the mail." Richie was the last of us to get his acceptance letter. We were in my backyard about to have our party. Okay, you guys need to be caught up:

      We're ranging between the ages of 17-18, we've all graduated highschool with Richie as valedictorian. He's managed to get straight A's, not so bad being the son of a dentist.

      Eddie's managed to endure his mother's reign of terror and can't wait for college.

       Mike is going off to college to do his now late grandfather, Leroy Hanlon, proud. We're all proud of him and his way of making it through troubling times with a few breakdowns I've comforted him through.

       Ben and Beverly have decided to try a relationship together and have now toughed it through an adorable 5 months.

       Speaking of Beverly, her Aunt and my Dad have gotten married. Things have been a lot cooler when you're living with best friend.

      Oh you read right, after Marie and John got married Simon and I had gotten adopted.

       Oh poor Simon, since he's a grade below us we'll be having to leave my precious baby brother behind. It makes me sad and I cried like 5 times about it today.

       Stan's got himself a woman. A nice girl by the name of Charlotte Miller. She's not exactly a loser, but she's not horrible, we just think she wouldn't have that Losers' Club bond. Oh, and even though Stan's dad wanted him to go to a religious school— Stan the man will try to be joining us.

       And my sweet stuttering stud, Bill's plan is to be an art major, and I support him one hundred percent.

       And what about little ole me? Well, Derry will be loosing its sexiest resident, puberty hit and Bill's game had to improve to keep people's hands off of me. Everything was fun and games until Richie got a little close and Bill almost drowned him in the Quarry. Oh, and I've gotten accepted into a few colleges but will only be going to one. We all are, we can't live without each other. No one else can handle a loser.

       "Okay, on the count of three." Beverly said getting ready to tear open her envelope. I was so nervous, what if I wasn't good enough to get in? What if I had to be separated from the rest of the Losers.

        "I'll count it off." Maggie Tozier had said anxiously. Our parents were all here, they were just as excited as the rest of us, well, not Mrs.K, my parents didn't like her and she didn't like my parents. We had burgers on the grill and bees buzzing around us.