{Ch.18- Saved by the Jew pt.2}

"What if she's dead?"

"Richie, I will murder you if you don't shut up!"

I couldn't really breathe and my body hurt like hell. I opened my eyes and began to cough and heave like a mad man. I looked up to see Stan leaning over me, a shocked smile upon his lips. I then squinted as a sudden light was shown in my eyes.

"Eddie, back up, you're suffocating her!" Stan chastised the smaller boy, pushing his shoulder so that he could get a better look at me. I looked out at my window to see that it was still night— or early morning— everyone was here in wet hair and clothes, besides Ben and Mike, whom I assumed would be filled in on everything tomorrow. I tried to sit up but my body couldn't physically do the task.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Stan asked as he placed a gentle hand on my cheek. I had just noticed how dim my room was, they left the big light off for me, but still kept on the lamp.

I tried to answer his question or to even breathe, but my throat burned. It brought tears to my eyes, light lemon juice in a wound. Stan shushed me as he saw me struggle. Stan was, without a doubt, the most mature out of the group of boys. He was the most respectable as well, maybe it was his OCD or maybe it was the way he was brought up, but I knew in this moment that I would never want to live without Stanley Uris.

"Let Eddie look at your neck, m'kay?" He moves out of the way so that Eddie could poke and prod and my inflamed neck. I don't even remember how I got here. Eddie kept smiling at me apologetically.                             

        "Your neck is bruised pretty badly, your eyes are glassy, and—open your mouth," I opened and moved my tongue down so he could see down my throat, this hurts like a bitch, "—and the inside of your throat is swelled." After 'Dr.Edward Kaspbrak' finished his diagnosis we all sat around.

      Some how that turned into a game of charades, me trying to explain to them how I got out there. It went on for awhile before my brother joined us. He gave me a lung-deflating hug.

      "Why don't you just write down what happened to you?" Simon asked, we looked around at one another and smiled at the idea. I wonder why we didn't think of it before.

       Beverly handed me my notepad and pen that laid on my desk. I wrote down everything, every detail was important right now. My hand was shaking by the end of my novel, it hurt from writing so much.

      I handed the paper back to Bev who began reading. Everyone quieted and Bill helped me into an upright sitting position, he sat next to me on my bed. My body had several bandages on it, Eddie's work I presume.

       They all had different emotions on their faces. That didn't matter right now, what mattered is why they still hadn't told me about IT, they still hadn't known about Bev telling me, but they didn't tell me about it themselves either.

       By the final word they fell silenced. They looked around at one another. Billy was the very first to speak up, "guys, hallway." He spoke sternly. He got up and they all shuffled just outside my door, my curls were a mess and needed to be co-washed. Simon looked at me and smiled weakly.

     "I know you can't reply, but you didn't have to do that for me. Me-" he sat down on my bed next to me, "-You," he grapes my hand and held it up between us, "-Family. That's why." I smiled and sighed, anytime I breathed it hurt my throat and lungs, but that didn't matter, what mattered is that they all tried.

      They came back in my room and gathered around me. They each spilled their deepest darkest secrets to me. Everything from the summer previous, everything from before the Beckett siblings. If I were to be honest, it was brave. It all seemed so much more different from when Bev had explained it to me. They were quiet outside and inside of my room, trying to hit wake up Reya and da- John.

       "We know you can't speak, but...do you understand why it was so important we not tell you?" Richie questioned, I nodded slowly at the boy.

       I opened my mouth like I was going to say something but then remembered my situation, Eddie was already on getting my pen and paper I scribbled a quick question on top of the blue lines:

How'd I get here?

      "Simon called, saying something about you not being in your room but hearing ruckus coming from it. I snuck out and road around for a bit before I heard a scream. And even though something told me to not follow it, I did. I nearly broke down myself when I saw you lying in the leaves. Who am I kidding? I did, I thought you were dead. I somehow got you back here and then went back for my bike." Stan spoke up, his flashlight, that was the light I saw.

I looked down at my lap then back at him pleadingly, hoping he understood. He nodded with a small smile and leaned forward so he wrapped his arms around me gently, carful not to hurt me. I closed my eyes in content and buried my face in his neck, I took in his scent. I looked up at my friends and brother and nodded over towards Stan and I. They all smiled and joined our group hug.

"We got you, Mox, just hang on, don't give up on us yet, never give up, okay?" Stan murmured in my ear.

This was the moment I realized I loved Stanley Uris, he was the big brother I never had. My whole life I've fought for my little brother and had to do all the work, but with Stan...he gave me a break. He made me realize that I needed it, that I deserved it. I may act like such a mom but Stan does too.

Looks like I was saved by the Jew, who would've know?

I felt like Stan should've been the Steve Harrington for Moxie so here this goes.