{Ch.9- Serious Stanley}

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he awkwardly put his hands in his pockets

      "How are you feeling?" He asked as he awkwardly put his hands in his pockets. He was fine any other time, when we were with the other losers.

      "The same way since you asked me 5 minutes ago," he nodded and looked down at his dingy shoes, "I appreciate the concern, though, Stanley." I said to him, I didn't want him to think I was rude. I feel like I need all of their individual approval.

      "Yeah, it's nothing." He said dismissing my compliment. I heard a flapping sound and looked up as he did, looking at a bird flying by us.

      "It's a cardinal," he said making me lol at him, a blush crept upon his cheeks as we made eye contact, "The bird. It's a cardinal." I nodded.

     "Do you like birds?" I asked him, I noticed his apparel, a button up tucked into some slacks. Much different from the their losers, but then again the losers were different from the losers.

      "Uh, yeah, it's lame I know." He said looking down again and shaking his head at himself.

      "You okay," I asked him he just looked at me, "or don't tell me."

It fell silent once again.

      "Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers." I tried to joke but he just smiled lightly at the ground, "it was a joke." I spoke, drawing his attention to me for only a second.

      I stopped making him stop as well and took his face in my hand gently. He looked as if he was the most flustered he's ever been, well since I've known him. His face had grown bright red and he swallowed hard, making me see his dimples that imprinted his face on either corner of his mouth.

      "Why do serious Stanley?" I asked of him. He didn't answer for what felt like ever and we stood in the breeze of this summer's day.

      "I don't know, you're just different." He shrugged, it was my turn to roll my eyes.

      "Okay, cut the crap, I'm tired of this. Especially you, do you find me intimidating or something?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I spoke to him. He gently nodded and gave me a lopsided grin.

      "You're the intimidating one here, Stan, not me." I said and started to walk away, my strides long.

      I only made it a few feet away before he grabbed me by the hand and turned me towards him, "You're intimidated by me?" He asked in disbelief.

      "Well, Duh." I said to him, my eyes crossing a bit.

       "Why, you're Moxie Beckett?" He asked in disbelief, I rolled my eyes once more and sighed, blowing a curl out of my face.

"I'm not as important special or great as everyone has me cracked up to be, believe me." I said as I tried to leave again, I couldn't, he still hand my hand in his.

"Don't you ever lie to yourself like that again. Maybe it's just that we're a bunch of dumb kids who were raised by dumb adults in this dumb town. But we are all smart enough to know that you could've gone farther than Derry, Maine and that you don't belong here. Moxie, you belong somewhere telling stories in front of millions of people and making others happy. You're not special because you're the hottest girl in Derry, you're the hottest girl in Derry because you're special." I just got angrier as he spoke, no one got it, no one ever gets it. I'm a mess.

"Oh, shove it, Uris, you don't know me." I said to him trying to walk away again. This time he pulled me so close so quickly I lost all of the air in my lungs, making them scream for oxygen.

"No, listen to me," He got so much louder in a matter of a second, "no one knows you and you won't let them. No one knows a loser that's what makes us the losers. So don't do that to yourself cause you'll tear us down with you. All for one and one for all; that's how the losers club works, that's how we've always worked."

I finally began to breathe again my breaths cane out as long and heavy, I leaned forward slowly. I gave him a soft and slow kiss on the cheek. He deserved it.

"W-what was that for?" He asked as he touch the spot of his right cheek, above his dimple.

"You screamed at me." I stated, his body language shifted as I said that. He immediately became flustered once more.

"I'm sorr-" I cut him off as I nearly knocked us over with a powerful hug. He didn't hug back...but just yet.

"No one has cared enough to yell at me like that." I murmured as I furrowed my eyebrows, closed my eyes, and stuffed my head in the crook of his neck. He smelled nice, like soap and lavender. We slowly separated, but not completely, he let our hands intertwine.

"What's going on here?" We heard a voice say as we finally started to calm down from this...uh...experience.

"Nothing." Stan said quickly as he pulled his hand away from mine. We looked to see Bill, Richie, and Eddie

"Well, i-it was obviously something i-if you had t-to hide it." Bill said looing between the two of us as we kept walking, I was between Stan and Bill.

"Yeah, I mean, you two were just holding hands. Are you like, together now?" Eddie asked as he kicked a rock as he walked.

"No," I answered and looked at Stan, he was flustered and blushing, I smiled at him for it, "why?"

"Thought you were my girl, Mox," Richie started his ridiculous statement, "am I going to be forced to kick your ass, Stanley?" He asked.

"Yeah, cause I was gonna make a move on Moxie." Stan said sarcastically, he rolled his eyes as he spoke.

"What you don't want to be with me, Stan if you're in love me just go ahead and say it so we can get it out of the way." I said to him jokingly.

"Can w-we just get to the o-others, they're waiting." Bill stuttered, we all looked at him.

It was quiet for a second before someone spoke, "yeah, sure thing, Billy."

We traveled in silence until Richie started to make conversation about something completely ridiculous. I looked over and just stared at Bill for a while. He had a very beautiful face structure, his eyes were focused on whatever satire came up in the conversation, and his jawline was nice. I looked at the scar that rested on his eyebrow.

I was hesitant but I slowly touched his arm and looked down at my feet. I could see him look at me from the corner of my eye, my hand slid down the inside of his arm to his hand and interlocked our fingers. I know I seem to be like I'm flirting with every guy in this group or that I'm a flirt, and maybe I am a flirt. But when it comes to Bill Denbrough, rules go out the window.

He looked at our hands and smiled at me, I looked at him and mirrored his expression. He slowed so we traveled in the back of the group until he stopped which made me do the same. He bent down and picked up a small white flower and twirled it in his finger. He then handed it to me and I held it gently in my grasped. I leaned forward and kissed the spot in between his eyebrows.

Bill Denbrough made my world seem like it wasn't even there.