{Ch.24- Fight Under Our Feet}

*longest chapter in the book

"Hey.."

I snapped my eyes open to look around me. I saw nothing but drippy pipes and chains hanging from the ceiling. Speaking of hanging from the ceiling, that's where I was. Hello, how was your day? Mine's been....eventful.

Okay, back to me, I was currently hanging from a concrete ceiling by chains that had wrapped themselves around my waist. I looked at them and then down at the ground, it wasn't too far of a drop. I wriggled around and even tried to see if I could unwrap myself from them. Nothing seemed to work.

"Help, somebody, help me!" A familiar voice echoed throughout the room I was in. It was Simon, I didn't exactly know if it was real or not, but that didn't matter because either way I was worried and pissed.

"Si?" I asked to no one in particular. I just hoped that I could get down soon.

"Moxie, where the hell are you?" I heard an agitated Richie yell. I tried my hardest to get free. I squirmed from my place in mid-air.

"Poor baby," my 'mother' said from below me, "wanna give momma a hug?" She opened her arms invitingly.

I raised any lip in disgust, "who the fuck are you?" I asked rhetorically, why must I mock the evil entity, why just Richie have an influence on me now of all times?

"You know, all kids like games, don't you?" She sounded more the monster that was after me now. She still stood under me and raised her brow.

"No, I was more of a 'stay in the house' type of kid." I told her, IT.

"Aw, but they can be so much fun." Her hair began to change to the color of ginger.

"Really?" I asked placing my arms by my side, defeated that I couldn't free myself.

"Yeah, I'll show you." IT snapped its fingers and the chains spun my up and wrapped around me until I almost reached the top of the room. Then spun my down as if I were a yo-yo. I then heard the same snap and I stopped when I reached closer towards the ground. The murky, disgusting, rotten ground.

"Feelin' queasy?" IT asked in it's hideous clown form. He had his ugly grin and looked at me hungrily.

It then turned into me before my very eyes, messy hair and all, and leaned in its, my, right leg.

"I have an angry asthmatic I have to take care of." He said quoting the cutesy little nickname I had called Eddie at the beginning of the summer. After It left and I was there dangling for awhile a had managed to get myself free. And by 'free' I mean It probably did it and was luring me into a trap. No matter, because I had one thing on my mind at the time: find my friends. I began running through the murky sewers, trying to pick my legs up so the water wouldn't slow me down.