Chapter 77: Naruto's Battered Heart|Nia's Unfortunate Fate

ابدأ من البداية

So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his face. his chin trembled as if he was a small helpless child. He breathed heavier than he ever had before.

"Nia!" His throat burned as he screamed, "NIAAAA!"

His screaming and burning of his throat had eventually formed a silent cry. He was gasping for air that simply wasn't there.

Naruto cried as if his brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of his every pore. From his mouth came a cry so raw that even the eyes of the grown men around him were suddenly wet with tears though they tried to hide that by either turning away or covering their eyes with their hands.

His whole world had vanished for him, now there was only pain enough to break him, pain enough to change him beyond recognition.

He felt himself loosing his mind...again. He could feel it unraveling, the threads of every happy memory he could ever once recall with the girl, all but a disarray of strings scattered about his feet.

Nia always said Naruto loved like a hurricane. She was right. When she passed he cried with more violence than any gale. Not to have her right there was a torture to his soul. He certainly didn't break quietly, it was like every atom of his being screamed in unison, traumatized that he should exist without her. When the wracking sobs passed, Naruto cried in such a desolate way that no-one could bare to listen for long. He had gone from gregarious to hanging by a thread, a transformation no-one knew how to reverse

Suddenly, he couldn't take it anymore. His anger had reached its breaking point. His sharp knees dug into the earth, his hands unsteady as they silently claw through the kunoichi's jacket and into her skin. He opened his mouth, but not a sound came out, his head violently quivered as if there was a drill to the back of his skull.

His eyes saw nothing; they had lost all sight of what is and what could have been.

Then all of a sudden... the Nine-Tails had won him over in his blinded rage.

•••

Blackness...

Blackness was all Nia could see as she stood in what looked like nothingness.

She looked around as nothing but a glimmer of light was in front of her. However, she didn't approach it. She felt as though there was something wrong with it despite its beautiful presence. As she made that decision, the light approached her instead.

As it did, the scenery began to change. Buildings were beginning to appear and the sound of children playing in the streets, birds chirping, and villagers talking filled the area. Somehow, everything seemed so peaceful to the girl. She felt at ease with herself and everything surrounding her.

"Geez, what took you so long?" She then felt a tap on her shoulder.

Instinctively, she turned around and gasped into her hands as she saw Naruto appearing as normal as she'd remembered right in front of her.

"Uzumaki..." Tears filled her eyes as she hugged the blonde, "You're back... You're back to normal!"

The boy had his arms behind his head as he grinned, "Oh man, you were knocked out for a long time, ya know?"

"I... was?" Nia then pulled away.

"Mhm..." The genin nodded as he then gently grabbed the girl by the wrist and pulled her back into the hug, "One of Pervy Sage's toads put you in some weird ol' genjutsu. I don't know what the reason was for, but you wouldn't wake up for a really long time."