Chapter Ten

I'm back baby!

Chapter Ten
"What do you mean you can't find it?" I all but yelled at Victoria as she rummaged through the file drawer that was next to her computer. She pushed a strand of red hair behind her ear, groaning slightly.

She swiveled her chair back in my direction, holding her hands up. "All I'm saying is that it was here this morning..annnd, now it's not."

I wanted to rip her hair out. "Victoria! How in the world do you just lose the keys to your car?"

Victoria went back to searching in her desk drawers. "I didn't lose them, I just kinda misplaced them."

       "Which means you lost them." I stared back just as snarky as a knock came from the side of the cubicle.

Jason was leaning against the side of the white cubicle. He wore a pair of khaki pants as always and a checkered red and blue dress shirt with a black tie. He smiled brightly when he caught me staring. "Good afternoon ladies," his deep voice brought me out of my trance, "How's your day been?" He questioned.

"Worse now that you showed up." Victoria said under her breath, quiet enough for only me to hear. Seriously, what was her problem? A few weeks ago she had been just as obsessed with Jason as I had been, and now since Lee came along she's been treating Jason like an annoying parasite.

I scratched the side of my head, "Well it was going good until Victoria lost her car keys. Since she can't find them we might have to walk home today."

Jason stood up straighter at my comment. "I can drive you guys home."

"Really? You could-" I started as Victoria opened her mouth.

"Oh, no thanks, we like walking. It keeps our cardiovascular system in good shape and keeps the bowels moving after lunch." She said patting her stomach, Jason gave her an awkward nod, shifting his attention back to me. "Maybe next time." He stated, more than asking. I inwardly groaned, before smiling tightly.

"Yeah, thanks anyways." I commented as he gave a final wave and turned to leave.

I shifted my body back around to Victoria. She was sitting with her legs crossed, her hands resting on her knees. "What?" She asked with a shrug.

"What?" I questioned, "What was that all about?"

"I just like walking after lunch." She said simply. I rolled my eyes.

"Not that, what was with the snide comments?"

"Look, I just don't like Jason, alright?"

I practically fell over. "Whatever. Just last week you were sitting in this cubicle drooling all over him like I had been. What's your problem, Victoria? Ever since the whole Lee thing you've been really giving Jason a hard time."

She sighed loudly. "Fine, I just don't like Jason for you." She replied, "okay, I said it."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

    "It means that Jason was great and everything in the beginning, but now he's just..eh. Where as Lee on the other hand, I think he might really like you. The way he looked at you that day in the bathroom. What sober guy proposes to a random girl, Simone? He had to have felt something deep for you, otherwise he wouldn't have done it."