Mr. Heere angst

Mr. Heere is not able to have a good holiday because everything reminds them of Mrs. Heere, who broke up with them 6 months ago

Mr. Heeres POV

It was the first day of hanukkah, it was supposed to be super exciting. But unfortunately for me my ex-wife loved hanukkah, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. Everything I saw just reminded me of her, the menorah, the driedel. Even the way my son, Jeremy was acting, he was always like his mom. I saw more and more of her in him everyday. I had already been in a slump before this, but I tried to pick myself up for Jeremy. I just couldn't, she was my everything, my high school crush, my first girlfriend, my first wife, and now, my first divorce. She would normally try to bring and Jeremy together with her and play some driedel, she just loved it. She had bought Jeremy a driedel for every hanukkah. He even told me that he was sad that he wouldn't get the famous mom driedel, I don't know why she let me have Jeremy, he clearly loved her more. I was just there, working to pay for food and bills, she worked to pay for fun activities, like the fair or the circus. I  looked around as I saw Jeremy come in the door, a present in his hands, I'm guessing for tonight's present. His mom always worked the same way, she'd go out in the morning and buy the gift for that day, while I bought them before hand. God I missed her. Jeremy flashed me a smile as he walked in, setting the present down and walking to me. He didn't say anything, he just hugged me and walked back to his room. He knew the slump I was in, he knew the pain I was in, and how hard it was knowing when I go to bed I won't wake up to her adorable smile ever again. I will never feel her warm hugs, her sweet kisses and tender embraces. I would never see her, again.