Chapter 46

Once the group had finished partying, they made their way to the Great Hall for the choosing of the champions.

They sat down, and immediately started to discuss who they hoped the Hogwarts Champion would be.

"Hope it's Angelina," Fred was saying.

Amanda didn't care who the champion was, as long as it wasn't Cedric. She had put her name in the Goblet hoping that it would change the outcome, but it would appear if her assumption was correct tonight.

The feast went on, but Amanda could tell that everybody thought it seemed longer, as everybody was eager for the Choosing.

Finally, the plates cleared and Albus stood. "Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber, where they will be receiving their first instructions."

Now the Hall waited anxiously for the Goblet to show its first champion.

"Any second," Lee whispered.

The flames inside the Goblet suddenly turned red as sparks flew from it. In the next moment, a tongue of flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment flying from it.

Albus caught the parchment and read out loud, "The champion for Durmstrang, will be Viktor Krum."

A storm of applause rose and Amanda giggled as she heard Ron yell, "No surprises there!"

"Bravo, Viktor!" Karkaroff boomed over the applause as Viktor walked past. "Knew you had it in you!"

Amanda caught Leo's eye and they both smiled.

The clapping died down and the Goblet released another paper.

"The champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacour!" Amanda smiled as the girl arose from the Ravenclaw table and followed Viktor's example.

Amanda's stomach clenched nervously as they waited for the name of the Hogwarts champion. She hoped over everything that it wasn't Cedric's name that came out of that Goblet.

"The Hogwarts champion, is Amanda Potter!"

Amanda stomach immediately unclenched and she breathed a sigh of relief as an image of a healthy Cedric flew into her head. The vision could only be a good sign.

She smiled and stood, slowly walking down the hall as all eyes turned to her. She passed her Professors, who gave her grave looks, and nodded to them. Albus looked very grave. He understood the significance of what had just happened.

Amanda had changed the future.

She walked into the side room, greeting Fleur and Viktor. She bit her lip nervously as she knew what was about to happen. Soon enough, Harry nervously stepped into the room.

She beckoned him to come and stand near her as Fleur asked, "What is it? Do zey want us back in ze Hall?"

Amanda stayed silent as she remembered that she was one of the only ones to know that this would happen. Soon the group heard the sound of scurrying feet as Ludo Bagman entered the room, and took Harry by the arm.

"Extraordinary!" Bagman muttered. "Absolutely extraordinary! Ladies....gentlemen," he added, addressing Amanda and the other two. "May I introduce - incredible though it seem - the fourth Triwizard champion?"

Viktor's face darkened as he stood. Fleur laughed, tossed her hair, and said, "Oh, vairy funny joke, Meester Bagman."

"Joke?" Bagman repeated, bewildered. "No, no, not at all! Harry's name just came out of the Goblet of Fire!"