Chapter 34

The next day the Gryffindor Quidditch team walked into the hall to great applause.

Oliver hurried them into eating a quick breakfast before leading them to the Changing Rooms. In what seemed like no time, Oliver was leading them onto the pitch.

They walked out to a tidal wave of noise. Three quarters of the crowd were wearing scarlet rosettes, waving scarlet flags with the Gryffindor lion on it or brandishing banners with cool slogans.

Amanda lined up with the others as Lee listed their last names. He then moved onto the Slytherin team, lead by Flint.

Flint stared at Amanda as he shook Oliver's hand, and Amanda stared defiantly back.

The teams were ordered to mount their brooms, and they quickly obeyed.

When the whistle blew, Alicia quickly grabbed the Quaffle. Amanda payed in mind the comments Lee was saying.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts, looking good Alicia! Argh, no - Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the pitch - WHAM! - nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by - Potter, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Amanda - nice swerve round Montague - duck, Amanda, that's a Bludger! - SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

Amanda beamed and punched her fist into the air as she soared around the pitch.

"OUCH!"

Amanda cried out as she was nearly thrown from her broom. She held on tightly and glared at Flint, who had smashed into her.

Flint said some feeble excuse to Madam Hooch, but was interrupted by Fred throwing his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into his broom and began to bleed.

Amanda smirked at Flint.

Madam Hooch awarded both teams a penalty, with Alicia scoring and Oliver saving.

The score was twenty to zero.

Amanda took the Quaffle and streaked up the pitch. Montage grabbed her head, instead of the Quaffle. Amanda cartwheeled in the air, but managed to stay on her broom, although she dropped the Quaffle.

She growled. Flint must have said something to the other Slytherins, because they all seemed to be aiming to injure her.

Amanda raced forward to take the penalty shot and scored.

Amanda grinned as she heard Lee whoop for Harry, as he had tricked the Slytherin beaters into bashing into each other.

The match was turning dirty.

Bole hit Amanda with his club, (another injury - she was going to have to have a health check up after this) and George elbowed him in retaliation.

Both teams were awarded penalties, and Oliver pulled off another save. Amanda scored again, and Fred and George stayed with her in case the Slytherins were thinking of revenge. Instead, both Beaters hit the Bludgers at Oliver.

They hit him in the stomach, and he rolled over in the air, completely winded.

Angelina took the penalty given and scored. Moments later, Fred pelted a Bludger at Warrington, knocking the Quaffle out of his hands. Alicia seized it and scored.

Malfoy pulled Harry's broom back when he went to grab the Snitch, and Alicia missed the penalty shot because the Gryffindor team were getting angry and losing concentration.

Slytherin scored and Amanda groaned.

Angelina streaked up the pitch, but all the Slytherins were moving to block her. Not realizing Harry was doing it too, Amanda raced at the Slytherins, scattering them.