Chapter 42

That afternoon, as they walked back into school, Fred, George and Amanda saw Moody bouncing a white ferret up and down in the air, giving it a good telling off. Minerva came out with her books in her hands.

"I bet a Knut that the ferret is a student." Amanda said.

"Deal." The twins said in unison, and the three watched the scene unfold. When the ferret was reverted back into its original form by Minerva, they saw Draco Malfoy.

Amanda held out her hand and the two boys placed a Knut each onto it. She smiled and slipped the coins into her pocket.

As they passed the younger boy, Amanda had to say, "Oi! Malfoy! I'm feeling a little ferrety, are you?"

The twins chuckled as Draco glared at her and walked around the corner.

...

That evening Amanda met with Roger Davies, Cedric and Flint. They sat around a round table in the staff room, as McGonagall had given Amanda permission to hold the meeting there.

"Now, we have agreed on the dates for the matches?" Amanda said, and the three boys nodded.

"We have set a schedule so that each team has one practise a week. For a friendly match, this is enough time. Once the competitions are over, there will be no practises until next school year. Now, does anybody else need new members to the team?" Amanda asked.

The three boys shook their heads and Amanda nodded. "Right, well our team needs a new Keeper, so I will hold try-outs Saturday morning. Thank you for coming, boys."

Amanda grabbed her bag as the boys sat there, stunned.

"Why so quick to leave, Potter?" Flint growled.

"I'm a very busy girl, Flint. I have a lot of duties to attend to this year, and I have a meeting with Professor Dumbledore in ten minutes."

"You cannot have another meeting now? Really?" Cedric asked, sympathetic.

"I'm a 'translator' for the schools coming over. I think he just wants to talk about that." Amanda excused.

"Don't embarrass yourself." Flint smirked.

"When have I ever embarrassed myself?" Amanda said, turning around, her eyes turning into thin slits.

"I'm just saying, if your secrets got out, you could be embarrassed." Flint drawled lazily.

"What secrets?" Amanda scowled.

"Oh, maybe just like your birth-" Flint's words were cut off as Amanda's spell stuck his tongue to the roof of his mouth.

"Good evening, gentlemen."

...

When Amanda reached Albus' office, she let herself in. Albus was sitting at his desk, conversing with an old man.

"Amanda, here you are, please take a seat next to Mr Scamander." Albus said kindly.

"Newt Scamander? Author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?" Amanda gaped.

The man laughed. "That's me. But please just call me Newt."

Albus chuckled. "I asked Newt to meet you, so he could possibly give you some tips about your animals."

Newt nodded thoughtfully. "Yours is an interesting case. Does anybody know the cause for your peculiar abilities?"

Amanda shook her head. "All we know of is the prophecy. Have you heard it?"

Newt nodded. "Albus was kind enough to show me a written version. You're an unlucky child, I'm afraid. I'm sorry for your losses."

"Thank you."