Chapter 45

The twins waited with Lee at the bottom of the staircase to the girl's dormitories. They wondered what was taking Amanda so long.

Angelina and Alicia strolled down the stairs and Lee stopped them.

"Is Amanda still up there?" He asked.

The two girls frowned. "She hasn't been in the dorm all morning." Alicia told them. "We thought she had already left when we woke up."

Lee turned to Fred and George. "Where do we usually find Amanda when she goes missing?"

"The tree." The twins answered firmly.

As they reached the doors, they saw Viktor marching up to them with his friend. He quickly introduced them.

"We found Amanda outside. She's totally spaced out. We honestly have no clue how long she's been there." Viktor said, shaking his head.

"How often does she space out like this?" Leo asked curiously.

They all sighed. "More often then we'd like to admit, these days."

The group of five walked down to the tree where they found Amanda. She was doing some pull-ups with a blank expression.

"What time did you come out here, Amanda? And what have you been doing since then?"

Amanda muttered distractedly before saying, "I woke up at three, ran a quick errand for myself then came out side."

"That means you must have been outside for at least four hours." Lee said, shaking his head.

"Five hours." Amanda said, checking the watch on her wrist. "It's been five hours."

"What have you done since then?" Fred asked.

"I ran around the school three times, drew twenty drawings, did the routine from yesterday fifty times and I've just finished two hundred pull ups." Amanda said. She still looked incredibly distracted.

Viktor whistled as Leo commented, "She's been busy."

George went to go pick up the drawings but Amanda shrieked. "Don't touch those!" She said. "Nobody can see them! I need to take some of them to Professor Dumbledore!"

George put his hands up and left the drawings as he backed away slightly.

Viktor picked up her jacket and put it around her shoulders. Leo quickly shoved the drawings into her satchel and saw a necklace fall out.

Amanda sighed happily as she took the necklace and placed it around her neck. She calmed down and thanked the boys, taking her satchel.

She brought out the drawings and held them to her chest. She glanced down and saw a fourth name out of the drawings of the champions. She gasped.

She needed to get these drawings to Albus as soon as possible.

...

Earlier that morning, Ember had dropped off two packages and a card. She opened them both carefully as Fred, George and Lee muttered distractedly.

The card had a muddy paw print on the front and Amanda giggled quietly.

Happy Birthday, Amanda!
I can't believe you're seventeen already! It seems like only yesterday you were three years old, riding on Prongs' back, giggling your head off as you held his antlers. He used to always rub his ears afterwards, but he used to love it when you giggled. It wasn't that often you did too, although you were a very humorous baby.
I'm sorry I haven't been there for your previous birthdays. I'm also sorry I couldn't get you a birthday present. I borrowed a pen off Moony to write this when I made a quick stop. He doesn't know about it yet, but I'll return it to him later.
I miss you and Harry, so I hope I can see you soon.
Don't you dare be miserable on your birthday! I know that you probably won't celebrate it, but today is still a special day. You're not allowed to mope, cause you are now officially an adult.
I can feel a smile coming on, so atta girl! Now, remember to prank some Slytherins and to uphold the Marauder blood in your veins!
Love from,
Padfoot