Chapter 27

"Any sign of him?" Remus asked Amanda quietly.

Amanda crawled out of the secret passage. "No." She muttered.

"You and I are the only ones right now that know he can turn into a dog. But this secret must stay a secret." He told her clearly.

"Why would I tell anyone that? I've already kept it a secret for years. Apart from the teachers, no one even knows that we know him." Amanda said.

The Prefects had been told to guard the doors to the Entrance Hall, but Remus had requested her help. Professor McGonagall had just nodded and told Amanda to report back to Albus. Amanda had made sure that Harry, Ron and Hermione were safe and that Fred, George and Ginny were near them for when she came in later in the night.

"Amanda, I'll keep looking, but you go find Albus and tell him we've found no sign of him."

She nodded and raced to the Hall. It was about three in the morning. She slipped past the Prefects and walked up to the silhouettes. Percy was near them but she pushed past him.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir, I report from Professor Lupin. We have found no sign of him. We have checked all possible areas." She saluted for fun.

Severus' lip curled. He turned to Albus and finished his sentence.

"-that Black could have entered the school with inside help. I did express my concerns when you appointed-"

"I do not believe a single person inside this castle would have helped Black enter it." Albus cut him off and Amanda smirked. One to Remus, Severus nil.

"Thank you for the update Miss Potter. Would you please go join the other Prefects outside the Hall to help guard, although I do not expect we will be needing it any longer."

Amanda nodded and walked outside. "Psst." She heard.

She turned around and spotted Cedric, and decided to join him. They spent the rest of the night talking about Sirius.

...

The weather worsened steadily, and just in time for the Quidditch match.

The Gryffindor team trained harder than ever, with Madam Hooch coming to watch after Professor McGonagall insisted that Harry needed protection.

At their final training session before their match, Oliver gave the team some bad news.

"We're not playing Slytherin!" He told them. "Flint's just been to see me. We're playing Hufflepuff instead."

"Why?" chorused the rest of the team. Amanda growled.

"Did you just growl?" Fred asked her amusedly.

"It's no problem if you did, but that was hilarious." George grinned.

"So what if I did?" She said innocently.

"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm's still injured, but it's obvious why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this weather. Think it'll damage their chances..." Oliver said.

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm! He's faking it!" Harry said furiously. Amanda growled again.

"Ok that time I definitely heard it Freddie." George said.

"Me too." Fred replied. "Come on Amanda. You secretly a dog or something?"

Amanda grinned. "A girl never reveals her secrets."

Oliver continued. "I know that, but we can't prove it. We've been practicing all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style's quite different. They've got a new captain and Seeker, Cedric Diggory-"