With You, I Am Me

Start from the beginning

Honestly, I am contented being like this with her. Going out with her in weekends when both of us aren't busy. Being clingy with her without the need of explaining why. Being this close to her without holding back. Being with her on the quiet nights like this. But, there's something more that I want to do for her. It is to protect her against those who have the guts to hurt her. I want to have that right to be selfish when it comes to her. I want to be that person she'll run to whenever she needs someone. I want her to be that someone I will introduce to my family as my one and only. I want her to be that someone I am going to be with until the end of time.

As she silently lies beside me, I am secretly wishing to be that person she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

I'm only up when you're not down.
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground.
It's like no matter what I do.
Well you drive me crazy half the time;
the other half I'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true.
And I'm only me when I'm with you.

"Hoy! Why aren't you happy with Thirdy ba? Ang plastic ng smile mo ah! You were happy naman before he came kanina." Maddie said when we got sa dorm.

Kanina pa nya ako kinukulit about Thirdy. She was blabbering why I looked sad when Thirdy sat beside me kanina, asking if we can go out and have dinner. Of course, I declined. And Maddie's reprimanding me right now, repeatedly asking me why I declined. She can be annoying sometimes.

"Mads, ayokong bigyan ng false hopes yung tao. He already admitted na he feels something for me, I don't want to hurt him by making some moves that'll make him assume things about us, about me having feelings for him, which is impossible." I explained.

Bakit ba kasi ang manhid mo, Mads?

"Malay mo naman, it's just a friendly dinner." Maddie suggested.

"Tss. You know na once na umamin na yung taong may gusto sayo, there's no such word as 'friendly' na. Every move you make might make them assume that you feel the same for them." I defended. Maddie's fond of debates. So, this will be a long talk.

"I see Thirdy as a good man naman ah? Maybe, he sees you as a friend na lang talaga, and you're the one who assumes about things. Hahaha." She teased.

"I didn't see anyone asking their friends to have dinner with them with a bouquet of flowers and boxes of chocolates, Mads. Neither my friends nor yours." I answered, rolling my eyes.

Why is she insisting me with Thirdy? She's the one I want to be with!

"Okay. Easy there, Lion. I get it. You don't like Thirdy, you won't like Thirdy, and you will never like Thirdy. Okay. Crystal clear." Maddie surrendered.

"Finally! You finally got it. Thank God." I sighed.

"Yeah. So, let's go out? Let's have some dinner?" She asked. Now, this is what I am waiting for.

"Are you asking me for a date?" I teased, moving my brows.

"Do you see me with a bouquet of flowers and boxes of chocolates?" Maddie retorted.

"Uhmm. No?" I answered.

"Then, it is not a date. You only go out with a friend, right? So, I am asking you as a friend. Come on!" Maddie said, dragging me outside.

Friend?! 💔

Nung nasa living room na kami ng dorm, we passed by some of our teammates.

"Hey, lovebirds, saan punta nyo? Sama kami." Ponggay asked.

Our teammates are fond of teasing and shipping us. Which I enjoy, honestly.

"It's a date. No one's allowed to be a thirdwheel. Bye! We'll be back before the curfew!" Maddie bid goodbye, dragging me.