1 - The Usual, Thanks.

The same tacky restaurant. The same aroma of cooked pasta and faint lavender air-fresheners. The same dimmed lighting that gave off more of a grim vibe rather than a romantic one. The same table in the far corner of the restaurant....
But not the same man. It's never the same man.

When will this ever be fulfilling?

She thought to herself as she sat quietly with her chin on the palm of her hand and her elbow on the table, listening to the man on the opposite side ramble on about his work issues, his voice merely background noise pushed aside by her thoughts.

"Y/n?" She hadn't even realized that she was blatantly distracting herself from the conversation.

"Hmm?" She hummed in reply.

He gave her a side smirk before heavily sighing.

"I can see that you're not interested in anything I have to say... or the food for that matter."

He gestured to her plate of food that had gone untouched for longer than 20 minutes. She glanced down before awkwardly looking back at him,

"I tend not to get too involved with my clients" she smiled apologetically, "that includes work related issues."

He gave her a knowing grin before calling for the check,

"You should have told me earlier, I wouldn't have wasted so much time and effort."

She couldn't help but chuckle at his remark.

You call this effort?

"First time doing this, huh?" She bodly questioned him.

He chose to ignore her comment, paying the bill in full, taking her hand and walking her towards the exit of the restaurant.

"Your place or mine?" He questioned, peering down at her.

"How about we keep it simple and get a Hotel?"

He nodded hesitantly, a look of slight dissapointment coloring his face before he hailed for a cab.

Author Note:

Starting this off with a short chapter c:
Shameless.